cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving (Really this time)

James
Grafter

Leaving (Really this time)

November 12th will be my 2,140th and final day working for Plusnet.  Some of you might have seen some of the (at time of writing) 26,139 forum posts I’ve made, or sent me one of my 5,157 personal messages over the last (almost) six years.
I started working for Metronet on January 4th 2004, following a brief respite from paying income tax after previous stints with Pipex and Tiscali in 2002 and 2003.  In 2005, I was asked to take the Head of Customer Services role at Metronet before the company was bought by Plusnet, I moved from Hertfordshire to Sheffield and joined the Comms Team.
Since then, I’ve spent my time working in these forums, the portal forums before them and other places like ThinkBroadband (although I still remember it as ADSLGuide), the Plusnet Usergroup Forums and various other places.  Over time we’ve all got to know each other and I consider a number of you friends (I even spent a weekend at Barry’s house drinking his beer and eating his food!).
I’ve been given a fantastic opportunity to go and work for a development firm, working as a technical author.  For those of you that know me, will know I enjoy writing in my spare time and this presents me with a great chance (and a hellishly steep learning curve!) to develop my own abilities further.
It’s not been an easy decision to make, and even writing this now makes me feel sad for the memories and people that I’m leaving behind, but it’s a great chance for me to further my career and let’s face it, I’m not 28 anymore Cheesy
I leave the Community Forums in the very cable hands of Bob Pullen, Mand Beckett, Matt Taylor and Chris Parr, who will do their utmost best to sort out any difficulties or questions you may have – I couldn’t want you to be in better hands.
You are all in excellent hands and I certainly don’t foresee the level of support that you receive from my team diminishing just because I’m going somewhere else.
But you’ve still got me for another couple of weeks! (sorry)
James
85 REPLIES 85
Santiago
Grafter

Re: Leaving (Really this time)

Sorry to hear you are leaving James, thanks for helping me personally during my time on the forum
Your contribution to the forum and to Plusnet Customer service has been outstanding .
I know you will be missed by everyone on here and by Plusnet too.
Best wishes for the future in your new position.
scootie
Grafter

Gran' jouce fert future 'n teur for orl t' 'elp thars given ta uz 'n t' comunity o'a t' years. reight who's roun' is it
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Sorry to see you go James.   Cry  
You've made a huge contribution to Community since its inception and provided a great deal of personal resource and expertise in resolving the myriad of day to day problems that crop up.
You'll also be missed for your (sometimes Cheesy wry) sense of humour in our discussions in the PUG forums.  A hard act to follow.
BUT!  Everyone has to move on sometime, so the best of luck in your new endeavours.
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Addnan
Grafter

Good luck, and thanks for helping me out everytime I needed it.
SparckZero
Grafter

Jameseh,
Best of luck in the future - although I've only really started reading and posting to these forums recently, it's clear that your contribution will be missed.
tobykim
Grafter

Sorry to see you go James but I really hope that you achieve what you want, you've been a tremendous help on the forums and will be sorely missed
community
Grafter

Having reached the age that I could easily be your grandad, I am very happy to wish you,James, a long and (further) successful career.
At such a young age that you are, I can empathise with the excitement mixed with a little caution you must surely have at moving on.
I also moved around quite a bit during my long career and each time I wondered if I was doing the right thing  Huh
Having been a subscriber to Plusnet Forum for quite  a while and having witnessed your work here, I just know that you will succeed.
I am sure I don't have to tell you to put your past behind you , be grateful for the experience gained, and then immerse yourself 100% in your new venture.
Good luck and have a further wonderful spell of building your career.

ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

James
Don't go!  Don't go!  Please don't go!!
(Oh well, if you must, then all the very best for the future....)
Chris
Kazbah
Grafter

I'll take this opportunity to wish you well, its a shame really, you are always so keen to help resolve problems and you've certainly assisted promptly with mine, hope my broadband stays happy  ;D. Sorry to see you go but, you obviously know what you want to do and so you do right, follow your heart and do what makes you happy. Plusnet won't be the same without you and I hope you will be very happy in your new job.
I'm sure there'll be one or two members of the Jameseh appreciation club have a thing or two to say about it though  Wink
Wishing you all the very best for your future  Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

are you sure that four people will be enough to do the same as you? one for mand and then for the others and you
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Sorry to hear you are leaving James..
You will be sorely missed by everyone on here and by Plusnet.
Best wishes for the future.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

scootie
Grafter

before you go make sure you leave us sum ones name to spam there PM inbox with all are problems that we know only jameseh could of solved  Smiley
artmo
Aspiring Champion

We'll miss you James.  Good luck in your new role and thank you for all you've done Smiley Smiley
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

From a purely selfish point of view, I'll be very sorry to see you go.
I predict that this marks the point at which Plusnet enters a terminal decline.
I know they say that "no one is irreplaceable" - but in your case "they" are wrong. Smiley

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."