cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving PN and my Domain

iPaqowner
Grafter

Leaving PN and my Domain

I got my MAC key and have signed up with o2 broadband. I have settled outstanding fees with PN (£2.97) and my BB should be activated with o2 next week.
A few queries...do I lose my PN email address/account...can I still login to it via PN?...or will I still have this as free but accessed through o2s servers?
My Domain hosted by PN...I received the following on my open ticket this morning...
"Your domain can remain on your account, but you can't keep the £1 per month option. You would need to pay £25 per year for hosting and £52.88 every two years for registration.
If you want to transfer out the domain, you can do this via the member centre."
Is this a good deal?
6 REPLIES 6
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Leaving PN and my Domain

Depends on when the two year registration payment becomes due.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Kev_Mawson
Grafter

Hi
Please take a look at our subsidiary company JTN where they will be able to look after the renewals and you will be able to have the name servers else where. Their site can be found on the link below:
http://www.just-the-name.co.uk
To make the transfer, there will be no fee to arrange this, you would just need to raise a ticket on your account asking for the domain to be moved across to JTN.
JTN charges £9.99 for renewing .uk domains every 2 years
iPaqowner
Grafter

Quote from: Kev
Hi
Please take a look at our subsidiary company JTN where they will be able to look after the renewals and you will be able to have the name servers else where. Their site can be found on the link below:
http://www.just-the-name.co.uk
To make the transfer, there will be no fee to arrange this, you would just need to raise a ticket on your account asking for the domain to be moved across to JTN.
JTN charges £9.99 for renewing .uk domains every 2 years

I didn't realise PN owned JTN...I transferred my domain in from JTN 3-4yrs ago  Grin
Anyway, that seems a good deal so I'll raise a ticket,
Thanks.
P.S. Can anyone answer my email query re my PN email address...do I lose this?
James
Grafter

Hi there,
Sorry to hear that you will be leaving us.
Your email address will remain active as long as you access it once every 90 days.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

JTN was part of the deal that bought Metronet into the PlusNet family a couple of years ago.  Also Pay As You Host and Port995.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

James
Grafter

There was also InUK which has now been consolidated into JTN.