cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving DRL - and Joining +Net

VOD
Grafter

Leaving DRL - and Joining +Net

I need some advice from someone who knows how the join up process works..
At home I currently use the ill fated Digital Regions Network. Its been brilliant going from 2meg up to a full 40, especially when it arrived two years before BT installed the little green box.
However DRL are closing due to lack of users (hence why it was good) and I want to come to +net as I have general been happy with the several other business accounts I have with them.
DRL will not issues a migration code as they don't use them so the only way is to cease my service which is happening next week and then apply to +net./ of course I will be without the inet for 10 days.
I have been told that DRL have tagged my line and this will take several days to remove apparently.
Does anyone know at what point Plusnet check my line for a tag ?  Just thinking I may be able to try and apply for a new service before I am ceased to reduce the downtime .. Any thoughts ?> 
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Leaving DRL - and Joining +Net

Hi VOD,
That's something we'd pick up on during the provisioning process.
If needed we'll raise it with our suppliers who have a process for removing the old tag within a few days.
Feel free to PM me with the username when the time comes.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
VOD
Grafter

Thank you Adam,
When would you apply for a new connection bearing in mind I get disconnected on the 27th of the month ?
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi,
You should be able to get a MAC from them, take a look at this news story, it's got some useful links on it:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6362-mac-migrations-do-work-for-those-leaving-digital-region-prov...
You can't move direct from Digital Region FTTC but we can move you to ADSL/ADSL2+ first then upgrade you to fibre. You'd obviously have the slower speed during the transition but that's got to be better than no broadband for 10 days or so.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
VOD
Grafter

Thank you for the reply .. That's interesting and the most information I have ever seen !!  Getting info from any of the ISPs on DR is impossible.
My connection on ADSL2 was very poor so I will wait and go straight for FTTC and use my phone which has unlimited data as a wifi hotspot to keep me going for e-mails...
In terms of applying for a new account when would you do it Huh 
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

If you don't mind the downtime then I'd contact your current ISP to cancel the broadband but keep the phone line then signup with us once the cancellation has happened. The line check should see you have an active phone line but no broadband at that point and just let sign straight up for fibre and book a date for the engineer visit.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
VOD
Grafter

Ok no problem ... I get disconnect on the 27th of this month so I will apply then for the new connection.