Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

League of Legends latency spikes

glennburnard
Grafter

League of Legends latency spikes

Hello there,
I have already contacted telephone support but they have advised that everything looks normal.  My connection feels normal, getting around 12-13MBps  and very low latency generally.  However, in the evening when playing League of Legends  (PC) on EU West (Germany based). I seem to be getting a lot of lag spikes 500+ms.
Running diagnostics and speed tests reveals everything is ok. Noone else in game is lagging.
Is there anything I can do, as it is quite annoying and ruins a very competitive game.
Please advise..
Connected through CAT6 on a £2K PC with no other programmes running in the background.
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: League of Legends latency spikes

Sorry to hear about this, when did you notice the problem begin?
Having checked it looks like your line has interleaving, any objections if we try removing that?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Has this been over the last week or so? We've been looking into some problems with a piece of network kit over that time so it may be that causing your issues?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
zubel
Community Veteran

Admittedly, I've been having similar issues with LoL, Chris - I've just not got around to wiresharking yet.  (yeah, I know, slacking..)
B.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Since when?  Forever?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
zubel
Community Veteran

I've certainly seen latency  spikes since before Christmas, exhibiting latency in the >300ms range (I'm usually around 30-40ms).
I'll muster up the energy to run a wireshark trace tonight Smiley
B.