Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency

stevie5141
Dabbler

Latency

Hi community!

Since I signed up with PlusNet I've notice at least twice a week I experience very high latency traversing the PlusNet network for a couple of hours a time making the broadband unusable. It smells like bandwidth issues (or lack there of). I have attached a traceroute which shows the latency and would love to know how I go about reporting this or getting the problems resolved. Coincidently I'm using the ADSL product as FTTC was oversubscribed in my area which is another alarm bell.

3 REPLIES 3
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Latency

Do the periods of latency happen at specific times?

For the record, fibre is available again and accepting orders if you fancy another go at it. Happy to overlook your order myself and keep you up to date.

ava.JPG

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
stevie5141
Dabbler

Hi Matty - There doesn't seem to be a pattern to it but when the latency occurs it can usually last an hour or longer. Normally response times are quite good for DSL (15ms).

What is the process to upgrade to fibre? I would be interested.

Thanks

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

You can upgrade online via the member centre, however it's usually best to give our Customer Options Team a call on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting the option for thinking of leaving) to discuss re-contracting on a new offer while changing package.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet