cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency

redbull2k14
Grafter

Latency

My latency has increased a few days after a power cut. It has now been about 3-4 days with interleaving on. I would like my line restored with no interleaving. Is that possible?
5 REPLIES 5
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Latency

Hi redbull2k14,
Unfortunately we're unable to remove Interleaving remotely for FTTC. The DLM does all of that for us, it can take up to a few weeks for the DLM to be happy enough for it to remove Interleaving.
If you can make sure that your Modem remains on uninterrupted, Interleaving should remove itself automatically Smiley
redbull2k14
Grafter

It does seem a long time for interleaving to be turned off, but quick enough to turn it on.
Thanks for the info Chris.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

That's just how DLM works I'm afraid.
When we do eventually get that kind of control, these kind of situations will be much easier for us to manage.
redbull2k14
Grafter

Its now been 23 days in total since my area had a power-cut Including the cabinet at the end of my street and down the hill. Ive read a few things and resetting dlm at the cabinet seems like just what i need.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi Redbull2k14,
Unfortunately in respect of FTTC, that requires a BTOR engineer visit and to get one of those, there needs to be a discernible fault, rather than your line just performing slower within the "acceptable" range for the line.  Given that BTOR give the ISP a stiff charge for such visits...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.