cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency increase; poor speeds.

jtjacques
Grafter

Latency increase; poor speeds.

It seems that something was done to my line at 1:00 AM on Friday morning, and the connection reset at 4:00 AM.

5eKMFG4

Since then I've had increased latency, and speeds have been below the BT estimates for my line (previous to the recent DNS/routing issues, I was having speeds nearer the top end of this range).

Pmw4qBi

kSfso85

Could this be looked at?

3 REPLIES 3
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Latency increase; poor speeds.

Hi @jtjacques

If you wish to log a fault, then Plusnet wil require you to complete the fault log at https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
jtjacques
Grafter

I must admit I've lost a bit of a faith in the official technical support channels. They were still insisting I needed an open reach engineer visit during, even though I provided diagnostics to the contrary and after there was an official known issue for the DNS/routing issue.

I was hoping one of the clearly more competent tech staff I've seen on here would be able to tell me what was done at 1:00 AM (and possibly 4:00 AM) Friday, and advise if this might be related.

jtjacques
Grafter

It seems the connection is much better today, and is now able to provide the further diagnostics information that it was unable to yesterday. However, the latency remains at the new higher level.

ZBpFR6j