cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop Hitting Internet Offline

ruth

Laptop Hitting Internet Offline

We have a new laptop (Samsung Series 7 Gamer) which keeps hitting the internet offline when connected wirelessly. However, there is no issue connecting wirelessly at someone else's house or if i connect using an ethernet cable. We have other computers and phones that connect to the internet fine and have had no issues. I have tried installing the latest firmware onto the router (ThompsonTG585 v8) with no change to the issue. I have also tried downloading the wireless drivers off the Samsung Laptops website which again has not made a difference.
3 REPLIES 3
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Laptop Hitting Internet Offline

See https://community.plus.net/library/hardware/fixing-wireless-compatibility-problems-with-the-thomson-...
(not that you should have to change settings on the laptop to work around bugs in the 585v8, but there are no other solutions)
ruth

Thank you very much! We were close to selling the laptop, but this has done the Job!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Good to see that ejs gave you a link to fix this issue, I'll remember that for future reference.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.