cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laggy Online Games

olihapke

Laggy Online Games

Hi,

Ever since we joined plusnet gaming has been an issue. Constant spikes make the games unplayable and it has hugely affected my gaming experience. Previously, we could just about fix the problem by using an ethernet cable and turning wifi broadcasting off. However, about 3 days ago this fix stopped working. The spikes were constant, even when using an ethernet cable and with wifi off. I was using a cat 3 10m ethernet cable which was worn out and old so yesterday I bought a new cable, 5m cat 6. This did absolutely nothing. Same result. I have tried closing all file sharing programs etc, disabling my firewall and even changing my router's DNS. Still nothing.

So far, plusnet has not given us a very good experience and consequently we would like this issue resolved straightaway.

5 REPLIES 5
RalloTubbs
Hooked

Re: Laggy Online Games

Do me a favour.

https://www.whatismyip.com

post the first section of your IP. if its what i think its the same i had

olihapke

Could you please explain why you need my IP and how it could help me before i actually give you it, as I                       am a bit cautious about this kind of stuff.

Denny
Dabbler

Issue at the minute with IP's beginning with 51.6 causing the issue that you are describing

olihapke

my ip starts with 91.125

BobPlumbe
Grafter

did plusnet do you proud?

do you want to strangle someone every time plusnets ad comes on tv spouting lies