Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lag between 8pm-10pm

Revskic
Dabbler

Lag between 8pm-10pm

Good morning,
I hope you all had wonderful weekends, Anyway I have no issue with the connection i have whilst browsing however whilst using the Xbox between 8pm-10pm which is generally when i log on i find I'm getting a fair bit of lag is there anything i can do to rectify this i did a ping test and it came back at 25 and no jitter i can post a screenshot if needed.
I notice i can upgrade to Pro but i dont want to spend another £5 if I'm not going to benefit from it, Cheers in advance for your help on this.
Regards
Alex
6 REPLIES 6
scottmg
Grafter

Re: Lag between 8pm-10pm

I experienced this as well last night whilst playing FIFA. as far as I'm aware PRO, only helps on newly released games. so it wouldn't benefit you if you play black ops or FIFA 11.
hope this helps. and hope plusnet know why this random lag is happening.
regards
scottmg
Y2J
Grafter

Im still getting this problem between 12pm on the dot till 12am ,been having it since december.
All stats show low pings , ideal gaming stats, but when i play FIFA 11 Its impossible to play inless u want to play in the morning or after 12am.
Plusnet put me on PRO as a temporery measure to test it out and there was no diffrence for me, may be diffrent for you but no end in sight for me im afraid  Cry
Revskic
Dabbler

Actually it was whilst playing FIFA 11, It's fine if playing during the day but i rarely do this with having 2 small children i have no chance ! so between 8pm-10pm is when i generally play, Like i say i have no issue whilst browsing and I'm happy to pay the extra for PRO if it's going to be beneficial if not i'll cross that bridge when i come to it  Cry glad to know it's not just me suffering.
Cheers
Alex
Grff
Grafter

I tried Pro to see if it would help with my connection when gaming on the xbox, and didn't see any difference between that and my current package.  (Other than a tighter peak time and lower download limit on Pro  ;D. 
Of course this is just from my own line and connection.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Guys,
Looks like there's a generic issue with the game regardless of ISP. I just googled for connection problems to fifa11 and it came up with quite a few results including here and here to name just two.
Jojo Smiley
Revskic
Dabbler

Whilst i'd agree to an extent, As an avid player of FIFA their are lots of issues with it, But i never experienced this lag with our previous ISP, I'm going to say it's safe to assume very little can be done about it.
I might aswell try the Pro add-on anyway.
Cheers
Alex
dick:quote