cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOG ON

mabinogion

LOG ON

I can see that many people are having problems - I have been off more than on for over a week with the router turning itself off in the middle of the night. I have raised a question with plus net
Question [number  30484083 ]
I am online now and trying to access the web page but I cannot log on cookies are enables but it does not recognize my name and password
help
Smiley
5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: LOG ON

Sorry to hear you're having problems. I can log into our website using your account details so it might be an idea to give our support centre a call to confirm what details you should be using.
Regarding your intermittent connectivity problem, we need engineer appointment times from you but I'd strongly urge that you try testing from the master socket before committing to this as if the problem is found to be with you wiring then you may get charged for the callout by BT OpenReach and it isn't cheap! I know it's not massively convenient for you to do this given the position of the master socket however it's worth the hassle even if it's just to avoid any unnecessary charges.
Is your Netgear router one of the wireless models?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Are you trying to logon to the router - if so which router do you have.
If it is a Netgear then the web address is http://192.168.0.1/ and the username is admin and the password is password all lower case unless you changed it
chalbury
Grafter

I had a similar problem yesterday morning when trying to log on using Firefox to be told that my username/password was invalid. Tried it with Safari and got straight though to Plusnet website. Computers, can't live with em but can't live without em!
mabinogion

Hi gentlemen – I could get into the netgear wireless router ok – but I could not log into plus net – they had sent me an email that needed replying too. I cannot test master socket – BT put it in the roof space before we came here 40 yrs ago and I am disabled and my husband is too elderly to get up there and it is a long way from the loft ladder with tons of fibre glass as well.
I could not even load Google yesterday or send emails it was so slow– they tell me that I am slowing up because I am dropping connection two or thee times a day.  Whatever the trouble is the people at plus net are polite, patient and helpful but I am seriously thinking of dumping broadband it is not worth the hassle – we seem to be a banana republic as far as internet is concerned especially in rural areas. China might be a better option.
I think we need BT to move master socket and check wiring. Tell me is it normal for the router to drop off for an hour at a time even in the middle of the night according to logs wh we are asleep  Grin
Many Thanks
chalbury
Grafter

Not in my experience