cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU Line SNR Changed back to default after an Exchange problem

amjrobson
Grafter

LLU Line SNR Changed back to default after an Exchange problem

I am running a LLU line.  On Friday evening the line dropped and I had to raise a fault with it on Saturday.  The problem was identified as being an exchange problem and I am now able to connect.
The problem is when I was first migrated to LLU about 2 - 2.5 years ago I was setup with a SNR profile of 12db for down load and 25db for upload.  After a fair number of support tickets being raised an community messages I managed to get plusnet to arrange to get the SNR profile changed on my line to what it was when is was on the BT MAX product which was 6db download and 12db upload. 
But now I have noticed that the profile for my line now it is working again has been reverted to standard as it was when I first got it 2.5 years ago on LLU. .  With the SNR profile set to 12db I only sync at 1800kbps  with and upload of about 500kbps.  For the last 2.5 years I have been syncing at 3400kbps download and about 750-800kbps upload.
If I remember before I requested the SNR profile change on the line via the FAQ section but I cannot find this any more.
I have updated my origional fault call with a request to change the SNR back to what it was before the exchange problem but have been told that it hasnt been changed.  Even though it quite plainly has as my line is half the speed than it was before.
Does anyone know if there is a link anymore to request LLU SNR Profile changes.  I was there about 2 and a half years ago but I cannot find it now.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as 1800kbps download aint much cop when I am used to 3400kbps with a 800kbps upload.
3 REPLIES 3
prichardson
Grafter

Re: LLU Line SNR Changed back to default after an Exchange problem

Raise a fault on the following page (use your existing fault if you have one), ensuring that you note that the 6dB profile has been removed as a result of the fault.
http://faults.plus.net/
The change to the SNR profile is standard practice by both our own faults team an our suppliers and was this unavailable in this instance.
We apply a profile to make your service try an work at the absolute minimum possible from ADSL technology. Whilst not exactly the best, it is afterall access, but more importantly said access allows us to gain additional data on your line that will assist us in steering the fault in the right direction.
If we don't do this, which is one of the first things we do, it will be one of the first things our suppliers do. However, they will take a little longer in doing it. If you look at it, time for us to look and raise it, plus time for them to make changes, plus time for us to see the response. I am sure you can see it all adds up and thus anything we can do to speed it up the better.
Fixing this should not be a problem at all.
amjrobson
Grafter

Thanks for that.  I have tried raising a new fault but as one is open I was unable to do so.  I have just added comments to my origional fault again requesting the 6db profile to be put back onto the line.
Hopefully this should sort it then.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
I've changed your profile to 6dB.  Let me know if you have any further problems.