cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCP issues

Snarf
Grafter

LCP issues

Since going onto the PN Extra account (may not be related) I've noticed quite a few "LCP is down" errors on my Netgear DG834Gv3. This obviously results in the link being dropped and the only way I can get the LCP back up again is to reboot the router. I've noticed that sync speeds seem to vary between about 5500 and 8100kbps, but that SNR is nearly always connecting at 6dB. I noticed (bizarrely) that when the line was checked on the 30th April, the current line speed was noted at 21000 (I wish!), it's currently at 6000 and I'm currently synced at 5700 (so I expect the line speed to drop unless I reconnect faster).
But anyone got any inkling into why I'm getting so many LCP errors? It's turning out to be 1 every 1-2days at the moment. I know they can be caused by noise on the line, but this didn't seem to be an issue under the Value account (I maybe had one a month if that?) and nothing has changed on the line.
I've run routerstats, and the SNR hangs around 6dB, occasionally dropping to 3dB, 1dB, 0dB or -1dB, but these aren't the norm and 6dB seems more normal.
3 REPLIES 3
dgarratt
Grafter

Re: LCP issues

I have a similar problem - can you see any pattern in the time of day when you loose connection ? For me it's usually 4am or 8pm !!!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@snarf - it looks like you might have an intermittent connection there, have you got the router in the master socket? It'd definitely be worth testing there with all the phones removed, if you still see it dropping then you've got a line fault - raise this to us at http://faults.plus.net (the tests are also outlined there as you go through the wizard so it'd probably be worth running through anyway).
@dgarratt - 4am and 8pm sounds suspiciously like streetlamp on/off times to me. If there's a dodgy one it could be emitting interference that's causing your issues there, well worth checking out. That should be one we can raise to BT for you if you need.
Snarf
Grafter

Hmm a little awkward to test Smiley Might have to leave the laptop on one day with the router in the master socket and let routerstats keep a log of the line. Interestingly I've just checked the noise margin on the line and it's at 13dB, whereas this time yesterday with the same connection speed it was 6dB and I'm not aware of any different equipment being on - bizarre!