cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kindle using up bandwidth

elkieluca
Grafter

Kindle using up bandwidth

I have used a Kindle since the last 3 weeks and have noticed that my broadband usage is much higher than usual.  I do download a few books most days and very occasionally use the browser on the Kindle to go to Amazon's website or any other site I want to look at.
Apparently Amazon say that the book download is very small and it just might be the browsing on my pc to look at books that are doing it.
  Anyway does anyone know if its the Kindle and if so maybe I should change my package from the 10GB to the 60GB.  Thanks for any help.
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Kindle using up bandwidth

Kindle books are normally less than 2Mb and the websites you view via the kindle aren't likely to be using large amounts of data.
If you watch videos on your computer then this could be causing the usage increase?
Looking at your monthly figures, the numbers aren't that high and you've still got a good chunk left until you reach your allowance so for now I'd just monitor the usage and see if it's getting close to the usage allowance.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I have 25 books on my Kindle taking up a total space of 24MB.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
elkieluca
Grafter

I have over 100 books but if that's right then its only 100MB.
Yes Chris I have been watching some iplayer videos as missed them on the tv. I guess its that but I wanted to be sure.
Thanks anyway both of you.