cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kickass Torrents blocked?

Azagoth
Grafter

Kickass Torrents blocked?

I was happily perusing the aforementioned site perfectly fine, then I click on the next page and get this.
Access to the websites listed on this page has been blocked pursuant to orders of the high court.
More information can be found at www.ukispcourtorders.co.uk

So, what's going on?  How come we weren't informed you were going act like some sort over protective nanny state and dictate what we can, and cannot, use the connection that we PAY you for?
8 REPLIES 8
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Kickass Torrents blocked?

The court orders listed in your link state that the site you refer to is one of many which are currently deemed to be operating illegally - you obviously know exactly what's going on, so why on earth are you surprised that PlusNet is now complying with them, especially given that the website address clearly points to the legal responsibilities of UK ISP's?
MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

Works fine from here. Are you sure you weren't connecting via another ISP e.g. if on your phone?
It might be worth posting the full URL in case we're talking at cross purposes as your opening line is intriguing.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I don't think PN are actively blocking anything, however some of their routing travels over the BT network, and BT are subject to, and complying with, these court orders.
Other similar sites have been similarly affected.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The court order(s) only apply to Sky, BT, Everything Everywhere, TalkTalk, O2 and Virgin.
Therefore Plusnet should not be blocking anything, and theoretically BT should only be blocking their own retail customers.
Crazy
Azagoth
Grafter

Quote from: MJN
Works fine from here. Are you sure you weren't connecting via another ISP e.g. if on your phone?
It might be worth posting the full URL in case we're talking at cross purposes as your opening line is intriguing.

No, on my PC via the my Plusnet connection.  One moment the site was working just fine, the next that message pops up.
www.kat.ph
Anonymous
Not applicable

That link works for me on my Plusnet connection via gateway ptn-ag01   Kiss
MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

Is it still not working? Note that kat.ph has a redirect to kickass.so, not that this should make any difference.
Azagoth
Grafter

It wasn't working from that link I posted no, but now that link redirects and that does work.  Much strangeness abounds.