Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting kicked from battlefield 3

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Keep getting kicked from battlefield 3

Can you do a speed test on your BT line as well?
How does the web browsing feel now?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Kelly
Give your router a graceful restart ......

Just to be sure you know what that means, but as much for anyone else reading, that means login to the Router and click Disconnect before restarting it. When it's rebooted, login and click Connect, to start a new PPP session.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I've raised a fault on your line to see if we can identify any issues, we'll get an update later today.
Would you be able to create a TBB ping graph? You can find the details on how to here.
It may also be worth creating one for your BT connection too, so we can compare.
justdave
Grafter

Hi Guys.
The session drops were probably me, I have been tinkering with routers this week to make sure ports forwarded etc. Here is my bt line speed test:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 51.41 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 16 Mbps-52.51 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 52.51 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 11.92Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
Again I normally get the full upload speed. I think the bt test is just flawed with upload speeds.
I actually just managed a whole game without getting kicked. I have to just hope it wasnt a fluke. My browsing seems to be stalling less which is good. Its a shame I can't see my router stats so that I could know the best time to shut down and leave the router for an hour to get a high sync back.
I might have a look at the TBB graph stuff shortly.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

FTTC stats are rather complicated, not as straight forward as ADSL because of the 3 bands. Unless you've got a definite Line issue, it's probably not worth the effort of even considering the things needed to look at them and understand them. Most of the time if your BT IP Profile is solid, that's all that's really needed.
FYI if all you want to know is your Downstream sync speed then you can derive this from the Downstream BT IP Profile, profile x1.033 = Sync speed on FTTC
To ensure you get an accurate BT IP Profile, log in to the Modem/Router, in the Internet box, click Disconnect to drop the PPP Internet session (this is not the sync), wait 30 seconds then click Connect. This should ensure the relevant servers are updated with the current sync speeds.
DLM on FTTC, as you'd expect, is active all the time and there is no 10-day training period as such, but it can be especially aggressive in the first 2 days, it can be aggressive at other times as well, so as a general rule - do not turn off, reboot or disconnect the modem.
Should you ever have a real need to do that, the best method is to log into the Router, disconnect your PPP Internet session and then power down the Router. After about a minute power down the Modem and leave it off for at least an hour. Always best to do this in daytime.
When you power up again wait for sync and all lights on the Modem to stabilise before powering up the Router. When the Router has booted, login and and click Connect to establish a PPP session.
FTTC DLM has been reported to quite aggressively increase interleaving where it sees problems, but it will also reduce it over time if conditions improve. ISPs have no ability to turn Interleaving on or off on FTTC.
HTH.
justdave
Grafter

I don't think its a line specific issue. I have set up TBB and that is showing that I'm not pingable, so I'm just scouring the Draytek settings...
justdave
Grafter

Well I have made the router pingable and still no go Sad I thought I was on to something for a  minute.
Here is the tbb for the plusnet line. http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/ac972f7b240dbdabf6c92df88a71b851.html
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That graph looks like it's working fine? It's certainly showing records from the past couple of hours.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Would you be able to capture a wireshark when you're playing?  If not, we can do it remotely tomorrow.
justdave
Grafter

I've had a few games with no problems :). I will report back after a few more games.
Dave
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

what were you doing after 10 last night?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
justdave
Grafter

Downloading. I didn't get much chance to play last night. Will report back tonight.
justdave
Grafter

Well had a few OK gamers earlier, now have played and been kicked 4 times in 10 minutes 😕
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Can you leave your connection as it is and try another game? We'll take a look from here.
justdave
Grafter

I've been playing accept for during the phone call Smiley