cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just moved, questions..

KaotiK
Grafter

Just moved, questions..

Hey my broadband has just been switched on at my new house today. I think my profile currently is 2mb
Now im wondering am i on a trial period here? will my profile go back up to how it was in my old property soon enouugh? (i only moved 2 houses down)
Can you bump that up to the same as my old one (like 7mb plus i tink it was) manually now? Cheesy
since its just been turned on i cant expect it to be max yet i guess but ye jus wondering how long it takes, or if u can do ti bit quciker Cheesy
thanks
13 REPLIES 13
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Just moved, questions..

Hi KaotiK,
The order is not complete yet so the ip profile is not set at the moment, but as your sync is 8128 once it sets it should be 7150, just need to wait. There's nothing I can do to intervene that I'm afraid.
Jojo Smiley
KaotiK
Grafter

ah thats ok no probs. just wanted to know if my speed would be the same. Smiley thanks
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Should be, by the looks of things Smiley
KaotiK
Grafter

Cheesy what about interleaving can you turn that off for me or do i have to make a ticket?
jh
Dabbler

Quote from: KaotiK
Cheesy what about interleaving can you turn that off for me or do i have to make a ticket?

I guess you're a gamer? turning interleaving off would in theory lower ping times?
KaotiK
Grafter

Quote from: jh
Quote from: KaotiK

I guess you're a gamer? turning interleaving off would in theory lower ping times?

yep indeed Cheesy
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi KaotiK,
Yes, the best thing to do would be to raise a ticket and let me know, then I'll pick it up. It's always best if we have a record of it that way.
Jojo Smiley
KaotiK
Grafter

ok i raised a ticket/question Smiley
brokenthumb
Grafter

yep indeed Cheesy

If you have a Windows based PC, Google the 'Leatrix latency fix' works wonders Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI KaotiK,
I've placed an order to have the interleaving turned off, this takes about 24 hours. I've also updated your ticket with an explanation.
Jojo Smiley
KaotiK
Grafter

Thanks,  isit sorted yet? because my pings are still interleaved by the look of it.

Also another question.. i got them email from plusnet telling me about the increased charges etc.. :@
So basically soon im gonna have to change to plusnet extra, but will i only have to pay 11.49 for the first three months? cuz i went to the  package change section to check and its got 17.99£ there from the start? i mean does that only apply to brand new customers or something?? obviously after the 3 months are up id be paying that cuz of my area (whuich is a joke but anyway)
cuz il basically end up paying exactly what i am now eventually for less usage, and i ahve to change because 25£ would be way to much.
and also, changing, will that effect my connection atall? notice any changes? or does it just change without a hassle or noticing?
thanks
KaotiK
Grafter

anyone? also my net cut off today, the phone line light no the router dissapeared, when it cut off. im guessing thats to do with the snow but since then my net is running slow loading web pages etc, yet the speed is at 6.5mb :S
edit - oh ffs great, jus read, if u get d/ced ur buggered basically cuz of the stuff going on. :@ it was fine aswell til then
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI KaotiK,
The lower prices are only an introductory offer I'm afraid so it would be the £17.99. Changing over to a new package won't affect your connection though. I've just ran a line check and interleaving is now definitely off.
Jojo Smiley