cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just moved from Sky to Plus Net and now cannot work from home. Cannot connect to Remote Working

jrobson67

Just moved from Sky to Plus Net and now cannot work from home. Cannot connect to Remote Working

Hi

I am new Plus Net customer having recently moved from Sky.  One of the main uses for my broadband is the ability to work from home, it takes me 1 1/2 hours to commute to work.  I had absolutely no problems with Sky, but now I cannot get connected.  I can access the internet through my work laptop at home, but when I try to connect to my work network it won't recognise the URL and gives me an error message.  This is really frustrating and is making me doubt the move i have made.  From what i have seen on the message boards this is not an isolated incident.  Can you please advise how I can resolve?  I have already contacted my work IT department and there are no issues at their end.

Thanks

John

3 REPLIES
Gel
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Just moved from Sky to Plus Net and now cannot work from home. Cannot connect to Remote Working

Try links below; is your work access via a VPN link?
If you posted the error message PN staff may be able to assist.
jrobson67

Re: Just moved from Sky to Plus Net and now cannot work from home. Cannot connect to Remote Working

Thanks Gel.  Due to this issue I'm actually I the office so won't be able to try the links until I get home and the same with the error message.  I will add these details this evening.

I presume the work access is through a VPN, I use SafeNet token on my mobile to access it, but have absolutely no understanding of the magic that happens behind the scenes.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 212

How did you get on with this John?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team