cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just migrated in, profile much lower than old ISP FTTC

rederick
Dabbler

Just migrated in, profile much lower than old ISP FTTC

Just migrated in from BT Infinity today. Everything working but I'm limited to 40mbps and not the 51mbps that I used to sync at. This means I get 37mbps in speed tests instead of 48mbps as I was getting upto yesterday.
Modem info today:
Max: Upstream rate = 9471 Kbps, Downstream rate = 55560 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 9486 Kbps, Downstream rate = 39998 Kbps
Whereas yesterday I was getting:
Max: Upstream rate = 9471 Kbps, Downstream rate = 55560 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 9739 Kbps, Downstream rate = 53695 Kbps
I have raised a support question but it was suggested to post here as well.
James
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 62

Re: Just migrated in, profile much lower than old ISP FTTC

Can you post the results of the BT speedtest Further diagnostics and are you on unlimited
Dhaos
Grafter

Looks like you might be on the 40mb package looking at Downstream rate = 39998 Kbps and your upload speed only being 10mb (probably why jim asked you are you on unlimited)
RealAleMadrid
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

Yes, it looks like you have been incorrectly provisioned on a 40/10 service, not sure why this keeps happening. DCT should pick this up tomorrow and sort it.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 22

Quote from: RealAleMadrid
... incorrectly provisioned on a 40/10 service ...

"Incorrectly" depends on if the OP signed up for an unlimited fibre service or the essentials fibre service.  The latter is 40GB usage and up to 38mbps - if this is what they signed up to then provisioning on the 40/10 service would be correct.
rederick
Dabbler

Quote from: Oldjim
Can you post the results of the BT speedtest Further diagnostics and are you on unlimited

Yes, 100% confirmed on Unlimited, just checked again in member centre - "Plusnet Unlimited Fibre".
I think the estimate went wrong, when I signed up on the website the site said "can't get estimate, do you want to continue" and so I clicked yes. It seems to have defaulted to a 38Mbps assumption, when the BT wholesale test site says, non impacted is 55 to 38 Mbps, and impacted is 47 to 25.  For the last 18 months I've had ~ 48 Mbps on tbb speedtest, and a ~51 Mbps sync.
The bt speedtest basic says 35Mbps download, 8.5 Mbps upload. On trying to run the further diagnostic test, I get an error: "Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information."
So it looks like I need support. You can see the issue in the attachment from my app.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

It's a common problem with PN. I've just renegotiated my 80/20 contract & finished up on 40/10. If you repost this about 08.30 tomorrow the day staff will pick it up & update your profile. All that you'll then need to do is reboot  your router & off you go. I had to do that this morning.
rederick
Dabbler

Thanks, other than the max speed, the rest of the connection is great. Smiley
jim:quote
Dhaos
Grafter

Did this get sorted?
Acassim
Grafter

Hi Dhaos rederick,
I can see that a modify has been placed on your line which is due to complete tomorrow as you appear to be on an 40/10 fibre service within the wholesale system.
You should see your speeds increase back to a comparable level as before with your previous provider so please let us know how you get on.
Apologies for the mix up  Embarrassed
Dhaos
Grafter

no need to apologize to me as its not my line Tongue, was just wondering if the OP had got it sorted.
Acassim
Grafter

Sorry about that  Embarrassed
rederick
Dabbler

Thanks all Smiley