cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just lost another 4-5mb

SuperSaiyan4
Grafter

Just lost another 4-5mb

I originally had a complaint a few months ago open about my speed hovering around 56mb and there it stayed and so I left it alone as over time it appeared that I went from 72mb then 68mb then 64mb and now at 56mb.
But now today it has gone down to around 51-52mb...I have monitored this all day, have restarted the modem and router a few times turned everything off that is connected wirelessly to the router and still no luck.
My PC is Ethernet direct to the router.
Done several speed tests and still hovers around the new lower speed.
PlusNet please can you look into this, I have checked my line inside the house and outside and there are NO faults and nothing that should be causing this.
I am clueless to why the speed is going down and down, what happens in another few months or a year? I start getting half the speed?Huh
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Just lost another 4-5mb

Hi there,
I'm afraid we don't know how the DLM system on fibre works as yet, but I'd advise against powering down the modem as it's likely to be seen as a drop in connection which won't do anything good. I'm guessing the speed drops haven't coincided with you turning off the modem at all?
I'm afraid all I can suggest if you'd like us to investigate in full is that you raise a fault at http://faults.plus.net with as much detail as possible (along with some BT speed test results). That'll pass a ticket through to our faults team who will be back to you soon.
SuperSaiyan4
Grafter

I would like a profile reset please, I know this can be done and would like this to be done immediately. Hopefully this may help. I will also raise a ticket.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Plusnet can't initiate a BT profile reset as that can only be done by an engineer at the cabinet
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

As Jim says, I'm afraid we can only reset profiles on ADSL circuits (whether up to 8Mb or up to 20Mb). We can't do it on Fibre circuits as things stand.