Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined

trekrich
Dabbler

Just joined

Hello,
Just ordered and moving from BE. I am getting fibre as well so i have some questions if people are able to spare me 5 mins. They are sending me out a router and an engi is coming out as well. What is he coming out to do?
Thanks
Richard
7 REPLIES 7
thomasjc1
Grafter

Re: Just joined

He will be coming into your house to fit a filtered faceplate, plug in a modem that he brings with him and make sure its working and that you are connected
trekrich
Dabbler

So the router that plusnet are sending me, will plug into the device that the engi is bringing with him?
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

He will also do some work at your BT cabinet where he will connect the incoming fibre line to your outgoing copper line. It's at this stage where your phone line will go dead for a few minutes.
thomasjc1
Grafter

Quote from: trekrich
So the router that plusnet are sending me, will plug into the device that the engi is bringing with him?

Correct
trekrich
Dabbler

nice! at the moment with be i have their router. Its a Technicolor TG582n, but the upnp and other things on it are really dire. So i have it bridged over to a apple time capsule. This does all the routing wifi and everything, i have stuff setup on my network with static addresses. Can i plug my apple device into device that the engi is bringing with him? Does it use PPOE or something?
Thanks for your help so far!
Thanks
Richard
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Yes, you can use your Apple Time Capsule to connect into the BT modem using PPPoE. If in your current bridging setup you have it logging in using PPPoE then it should work in the new fibre setup as is.
That's RPM to you!!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@trekrich
Hope everything goes to plan with the installation, make sure you give me a shout if there's any issues with that.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team