cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined Plusnet and immediately no broadband due to apparent liine fault!!

Jonrob

Just joined Plusnet and immediately no broadband due to apparent liine fault!!

Hi,
Have just joined Plusnet on a broadband only package. Due to various issues with my previous provider Talktalk and a cancelled order with BT I have been disconnected from broadband since 31 January. I received notice that my Plusnet broadband was activated on 18 February but I have been unable to connect due to aa apparent fault on the line. I received a new router from Plusnet and I have checked the new router and microfilters on someone else's line and it works fine. So there appears to be no problem there. What I don't understand is that for a number of years up until 31 January I had no problem getting broadband without any interuption. Now all I have done is switch providers and all of a sudden for some reason I cannot get broadband on my telephone line. I was wondering if someone could explain in simple terms how this could happen.
Many thanks
Jonrob
13 REPLIES 13
BRABUS
Grafter

Re: Just joined Plusnet and immediately no broadband due to apparent liine fault!!

I can't answer your question but just wondered if you had raised a ticket on Plus Net yet.  The sooner that is done then the sooner the guys (& girls) will get onto it.  They are pretty quick at sorting these things.
Now you say that you can use your modem at a freinds house?  Is this using your log in details and are they also a plus net customer?  If so can you try their modem at your house?
If they are not a plus net customer then double check what login details you are using.

You may have a genuine fault on your line that is a pure coincidence but like I say get a ticket raised and go from there.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Just joined Plusnet and immediately no broadband due to apparent liine fault!!

Hi there,
Without wanting to speculate too much before all the facts and findings are in; faults like this (known as an early life failure) can happen when some of there's been an issue with some of the physical work involved in migrating your service over from Talk Talk to us. I would guess that this is what's happened in this case and the order has been closed off now.
I'm just finishing some line tests before raising this with our suppliers,  I'll make sure we do all we can to clear this problem as quickly as we can.
Sorry things haven't got off to the best start just yet!
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
BRABUS
Grafter

See I told you the Plus Net folk are pretty quick, and just like magic here comes Adam with his underpants on the outside and his cape blowing in the breeze.

OK - now wipe that image from your mind before anyone tries to sue me  Grin
Jonrob

Hi Adam and BRABUS
Thanks for the quick replies.
And I'm very sorry if it sounded as though I was complaining about Plusnet because that is far from the case. I have raised a ticket with technical support and they have been very helpful and I am very thankful for their help.
I was just wondering what could have gone wrong with my line in the short time between being disconnected and reconnected to Plusnet.
It has just been a bit frustrating that it is taking so long to get back online. At the moment I am using my pay as you go mobile broadband which is getting a lit expensive.
Anyway I have my fingers crossed that the support at Plusnet can sort it for me  Smiley
Thanks again
Jonrob
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Jonrob
Now all I have done is switch providers and all of a sudden for some reason I cannot get broadband on my telephone line. I was wondering if someone could explain in simple terms how this could happen.

You will have been connected to equipment in the exchange that was owned by TalkTalk. Moving you across will have required physically rewiring your line to connect it to equipment owned by BT. Looks like the engineer who did it messed up!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

we'll get you sorted, I've set my self a reminder to look at the fault report tomorrow.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jonrob

Hi jelv,
Thanks for the info. Would this be the case even if I was transferring broadband only. Talk talk did not have phone contract . My phone is with BT and still is at the moment (though that may soon change). All I have changed is my broadband provider.
Thanks
And hi again Adam,
Thanks very much for your help. I must say it makes a refreshing change to have a company trying hard to sort things out and to keep me updated with progress.
Thanks again
Jonrob
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Quote from: Jonrob
Would this be the case even if I was transferring broadband only. Talk talk did not have phone contract .

Yes, your connection would have been transferred from TT's LLU kit to BT Wholesale's.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Jonrob

Hi 4C,
Thanks for your input too. I just hope now that the problem with my line can be sorted soon.
Cheers
Jonrob
Apprentice
Grafter

As a matter of interest what ISPs/providers are available in your exchange according to the SamKnows website, you can post a link if you like to the result.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Jonrob,
I've just checked the fault report and have rejected a clear from our suppliers. I suspect the next step will be a request for an engineer visit, we'll do our best at that point to get an engineer dispatched to the exchange which is most likely where the work needs to be done to fix your connection.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jonrob

Hi Adam,
The engineer has visited and has sorted it. At last I am back on the net!
I'd just like to say thanks very much to you, Plusnet and the support guys for sorting it all out, including organising a prompt visit by the engineer. They have all been very helpful and I very much appreciate how it has been handled.
Many thanks again.
Jonrob
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Jonrob,
Great news, thanks for letting us know Smiley