cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just how do I get upgrade to "upto 8mb"?

DrSeeAll
Grafter

Just how do I get upgrade to "upto 8mb"?

Hi
How long does it take to get the upgrade to "upto 8Mb"?
I have submitted two requests now and have only received automated replies :-
---------
ID: 22909009  Friday 21st September 2007
"We acknowledge your request to be regraded to DSLMax as a priority and will endeavour to submit your order ASAP.
Regards
Customer Support"
---------
Re- submitted request
ID: 22990998 Monday 1st October 2007
"We acknowledge your request to be regraded to DSLMax as a priority and will endeavour to submit your order ASAP.
Regards
Customer Support"
---------
I've received no further communications.
Help please!
DrSeeAll
3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Just how do I get upgrade to "upto 8mb"?

I'll take a look now for you.
Edit: Not sure why the automated system didn't place an order following your first request Huh
I've placed the order manually for you and you should be upgraded at some point on Monday.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

DrSeeAll
Grafter

Thanks Bob.
I hope it is worthwhile as my SNR is variable (8db to 17db depending upon weather and time of day) and downstream attenuation is 55 to 57db.
However, I believe I can always go back to fixed 1 meg (which is stable) if I have major problems after the first ten day learning period?
A small increase in d/l speed would be welcome but faster upload would be nice too.  So is it possible that my d/l would remain the same on max but that I would benefit from faster upload? (Increase from 288 to 488kbps).
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: DrSeeAll
Thanks Bob.
I hope it is worthwhile as my SNR is variable (8db to 17db depending upon weather and time of day) and downstream attenuation is 55 to 57db.

You might not notice much difference and could well see some instability but only time will tell!
However, I believe I can always go back to fixed 1 meg (which is stable) if I have major problems after the first ten day learning period?

That's certainly a possibility, yes.
A small increase in d/l speed would be welcome but faster upload would be nice too.  So is it possible that my d/l would remain the same on max but that I would benefit from faster upload? (Increase from 288 to 488kbps).

Yes.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵