Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just-The-Name & Pay As You Host

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Just-The-Name & Pay As You Host

[quote="Just-The-Name - Just-Got-Better"]
If you’ve seen the Just-The-Name website recently you've probably noticed that it's looking a bit dated. Not anymore, because we've been working hard behind the scenes and now have a fresh looking site.
It’s been a long time coming, but it’s now here and you can see that we are serious about domain names. It matches the look of Pay As You Host (http://www.payh.co.uk), bringing the two services closer together.
If you’ve got a domain name, or you’re interested in getting one, have a look at the new site at http://www.just-the-name.co.uk

Pay As You Host doesn't comply with The Disability Discrimination Act, and nore doesn't Just-The-Name comply with The Disability Discrimination Act, The sites (s) are like BT Rubbish with no fort for the Disabled what so ever, I bet you did not consult with any Disabled what so ever wen designing them!  Angry
6 REPLIES 6
artificer
Grafter

Re: Just-The-Name & Pay As You Host

what's wrong with it gary?  in what ways does if fail to conform?  it looked clean, neat and easy to read for me, but mine are not your eyes.
James
Grafter

Gary - I'm disabled.
I can view the sites fine.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Ok go to http://www.cynthiasays.com/ and put in http://www.just-the-name.co.uk and tik the boxs
Include the Alternative Text Quality Report
Include file source on accessibility failures
And on the Accessibility Report Mode go to:
Priority 1 WCAG
Then click Test Your Site.
James
Grafter

As far as I can tell, that site hasn't been updated for about two years.
It doesn't include any recent browsers.  I'm not disputing that what you have said is correct or not, but my understanding is that we are obliged to try to conform to the DDA rather than actually being forced to.
As per the above, we'll certainly pass your comments on to the Web Team, but I suspect they're already aware.
zubel
Community Veteran

Rule: 1.1.2 - All INPUT elements are required to contain the alt attribute or use a LABEL.
    * Failure - INPUT Element, of Type TEXT, found at Line: 31, Column: 9
    * Failure - INPUT Element, of Type IMAGE, found at Line: 48, Column: 9

Woo, two omissions of ALT attributes on input boxes on the entire page, which could easily have been an oversight.  That's hardly "no thought" being put into them?
Useful tool though, even though it's actually scanning for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0, and not compliance with the Disability Discrimination Act.
B.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Jameseh it is a test site to test your site like the old Bobby site, but IBM has shut it down.    Sad Cry
The mayn problem with the web sites is that there is no ALT tags on the text Images.
From Bobby
Provide alternative text for all image-type buttons in forms.
Provide alternative text for all images
All images should contain a short alternative text description that represents the function of the graphic. This includes images used as image maps, spacers, bullets in lists, graphical buttons, links, and images used to present math equations.
When creating alternative text, aim for a functional label based on the context in which it is used rather than a visual description. A good test to determine if alternative text is useful is to imagine reading the document aloud over the telephone. What would you say upon encountering this image to make the page comprehensible to the listener?

Do you get it now ?