cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Junk Mail

kathycowbrough

Junk Mail

I have Plusnet for broadband and phone. Over the last year at least I get 30+ junk mail items per day. They are really rubbish stuff and although they go into my junk mail box they still have to be deleted regularly.  I use Apple Mac and its security is very good.  Can Plusnet please do something about this large amount of email.  Thanks

15 REPLIES
Gel
Pro
Fixes: 10
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: Junk Mail

kathycowbrough

Link doesn't work.  Went to manage my mail in account settings on plusnet web site and it comes up blank - at this link

https://www.plus.net/my.html?iBM6ixw%2FMsunCk0SoAvZoHAqsv5wvha0fPp8vZaW4lks4EZu8UeyMA%3D%3D&redirect...

I'll try the suggestion in the other reply.  

kathycowbrough

The link suggested takes me to 'manage my mail' but when I click on it, it just says, to add a new email  ...  so not sure where to go to manage junk mail? 

kathycowbrough

Think I replied to newbie again instead of Oldjim  My reply to his post:

The link suggested takes me to 'manage my mail' but when I click on it, it just says, to add a new email  ...  so not sure where to go to manage junk mail? 

Community Veteran

Don't you see this

2017-03-18_123025.jpg

kathycowbrough

In the manage my email section that you gave a link for this is what I see across the top as tab options.  

And down the side

jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

@kathycowbrough - in the links shown in your post above, click  on the 'Email settings' and then the resulting 'Manage my Mail'.

NOTE - you will need to log in to your account, but you will be prompted to do this.

John
kathycowbrough

Under email settings when I click Manage account and    it goes to this link which just remains blank on the page

https://www.plus.net/my.html?iBM6ixw%2FMsunCk0SoAvZoHAqsv5wvha0fPp8vZaW4lks4EZu8UeyMA%3D%3D&redirect...

I've tried several times with manage my account link and it still goes to blank page.  Maybe I should log out and try again?Huh

jab1
Seasoned Pro

Strange - that brings up the login page for me - as I would expect.

Do you have any add blocking software installed? - although that shouldn't affect that link.

A thought -when did you join Plusnet?

Edit - Ignore that last question, you've obviously been here awhile, so it's not a 'still to be activated' account.

John
Community Veteran

something is adrift and will need staff input

UNLESS

Have you actually set up a Plusnet email address as I think that what you are seeing is when you haven't

What is the email address you are having problems with - unless the email you are having problems with is something@username.plus.com then it isn't anything to do with Plusnet

jab1
Seasoned Pro

Thanks @Oldjim - that was my next thought, just hadn't formulated the reply in my head.

John
kathycowbrough

Thanks to jab1 and oldjim for suggestions about plusnet account - I use gmail but because our broadband is plusnet I assumed they would have blocks on junk mail as part of the wifi service.  When I log onto my gmail account online there are a lot of messages stopped before they are downloaded to my email account - so assumed since our wifi provision is plusnet that they would have some controls on what was downloaded both from mail and web sites. Maybe the wrong assumption 

Community Veteran

Unfortunately no - if it isn't a Plusnet email they don't look at it or run it through the spam filters

It is unusual for gmail to get a load of spam as they have fairly effective filters - is there an option for altering the spam settings or better still change the default behaviour for spam - delete rather than move to spam folder