Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jolly slow today, or is it me?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Jolly slow today, or is it me?

No, worries that's fine. I'm escalating the ticket back to the faults team having attached the screengrab and I'll make sure I refer back to the previous ticket.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Many thanks Adam.....sorry I referred to you as Adrian earlier, I'd just been talking to an Adrian!
Regards.....Noel
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No worries, I've been called worse things before Wink
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The conclusion
Richard, Ticket-support, indicated that my Xyxel router was old and sent me a Plusnet router as replacement.
Plusnet Support carried out a line-test, the router connection to the test socket and I tested the throughput speeds using Thinkbroadband, the router connection both with the test socket and with the adsl v1.0 face-plate replaced.
The speeds recorded are now restored to those I've enjoyed for some years and, indeed, slightly improved.
I still can't operate the BT-Tester, I suspect it doesn't like Win 7, however, this didn't deter Plusnet!
I am most grateful for the courtesy and professionalism from all those Plusnet support staff that have assisted me, particularly Adam and Richard.  I am pleased that I now have the added support derived from using a Plusnet router!
Regards.....Noel