Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining from Sky

ninteh
Dabbler

Joining from Sky

Hi,
I just ordered the 76mb Fiber and entered my MAC code from Sky. currently i'm on Sky ADSL.
When I was ordering, the earliest date for an engineer was 17 march
After entering my MAC key I got a response saying they will switch me in up to 5 days?
Does this mean i'll be without broadband between 5 days until the 17 march? :{
8 REPLIES 8
Finguz
Grafter

Re: Joining from Sky

When we swapped from Sky adsl to Plusnet unlimited fibre we had the fibre enabled in around 5 to 7 days, and then our phone was switched over to Plusnet about 2 weeks after that. Obviously if you haven't opted to move your phone service the Plusnet you won't have that switched over.
I would be very surprised if you were left without a connection, intentionally.
ninteh
Dabbler

Yes i've requested phone to be moved too. Thing is because I'm switching from ADSL, the engineer is going to need to do the work to my phone socket to allow fiber to work. So can't understand how they'll switch me in 5 days time if the engineer earliest booking was 17 march?
Can't find any infos on this in my account or the website :{
Finguz
Grafter

I would phone support and ask.
One of the staff may well see this post and reply here, but you should give them a ring if you're concerned
dragon2611
Grafter

I seem to recall when I moved the dates the system gave weren't accurate.
Then again I moved from Sky FTTC to Plusnet FTTC
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ninteh,
Sorry for any confusion this has caused.
Normally the minimum lead-time is 5 working days for a broadband migration but with Fibre it is based on engineer appointment availability. We have placed the order and requested the 3 appointments you selected during sign up. You should receive an email and a text message confirming the appointment in the next 24 hours.
ninteh
Dabbler

Hi Lynn,
I got it today saying 17 march. So i'm guessing my current Sky broadband won't be cancelled until then?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi ninteh,
That's right as part of a migration the connection of the previous ISP is discontinued when the new one is activated.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tazmaniandevil
Grafter

Quote from: dragon2611
I seem to recall when I moved the dates the system gave weren't accurate.
Then again I moved from Sky FTTC to Plusnet FTTC
Yep, mine too. Sky also managed to totally screw up the migration dates and tried to charge me for an extra month. Keep an eye on them.