Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining Plusnet

alex7127
Grafter

Joining Plusnet

Hi
I am currently with MAAF and am thinking about moving to Plusnet. Do I have to get some sort of code from MAAF or do I just complete the online form on the Plusnet site and you will do the rest?
KR's
Alex Crazy
15 REPLIES 15
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Joining Plusnet

Hi Alex,
All we'd need you to do is sign up for your Plusnet account and as part of that progress we should pick up that you're already a customer of ours and we'll do the rest for you.
Adam.
PS feel free to give me a nudge when you've done that and I'll make sure the accounts are swapped over ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
alex7127
Grafter

Good day Adam,
I have just now this morning signed up (online) for PN Broadband and Home phone. I will PN you details.
KR's
Alex Crazy
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Like you, Alex, I am an ex MAAF customer. I'd been with them for a number of years. I arranged my change to PN by 'phone and because of my previous MAAF custom was able to negotiate a better "deal" than that offered by applying online.
The b/b transfer was seamless, 'phone service too (not MAAF). Completed 1st August and 15th August respectively. There was a problem with an overlap Direct Debit payment to MAAF which was sorted out quickly and efficiently through this forum.
So far I'm very pleased with PN and as a bonus, for some reason, my speeds have increased. They'll never be earth shattering anyway because of the distance from my exchange but the download increased form about 3.5Mb/s to around a consistent 4.5Mb/s with a totally stable connection! Smiley 
alex7127
Grafter

So what sort of 'discount' did you get?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks,
I got your PM, everything seemed to be in order when I checked yesterday.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
alex7127
Grafter

Hi
I have not heard anything from anyone, no e-mails or anything?
Can anyone from PN on the board update me?
I have been hanging on the 0800 432 0200 number for 20 mins now.
KR's & Thanks
Alex
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Alex,
You can check our call times before your wait at http://csc.plus.net
I can see that a ticket was raised on your account(#60247804) this seems to cover your enquiry.
Also the option of migrating over to Plusnet still stands if  you wish to go ahead with this.
alex7127
Grafter

Chris
I phoned MAAF on the 25th to see what they could offer me to stay under them. They could not offer me anything near as good a package as being with PN. The chap muted the content of what he has put in that ticket you mention ......However I did not actually agree to it........I told him I would consider my options and think about things.
THEN on the 27th I joined PN (for both BB and Phone) via an online application and paid £124.11 in advance for line rental, BB, calls etc.
So I have actually applied  to 'migrate over to PN and they have taken my £124.11.........BUT I have not heard a dicky bird since.
Please can you advise me what is going on. This is getting messy.
FYI my PN BB user name is alex7127....this I chose when doing the online application.
Please can you get back to me soonest. Thanks

KR's
Alex
alex7127
Grafter

Hmmmmmm
Still not heard anything from anyone.
No e-mail, no phone call, no letter and no reply on the board?
It will be a week tomorrow I made my online application to move from MAAF to PN.....one would have thought the switch would be quicker, being all sort of 'internal' between MAAF and PN.

Alex Cry
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Alex,
I think there is some confusion here, I can see that you spoke with my colleague on the 25th September. From what I can see a discount was arranged on your account and the option of migrating to Plusnet was discussed. This has not gone through but is still open to you, this was noted on ticket #60247804 on your account.
If you would like this to go through then I will be happy to take over and get your account migrated to Plusnet.
Let me know what you decide and I will act promptly.
Chris
alex7127
Grafter

Chris
I HAVE applied to join PN. I have applied for Extra BB and Talk Anytime
I did this via the online application on the  PN site on the 27th September.
To a degree forget the discussion I had on the phone on the 25th.
My PN user name is 'alex7127'.  (My MAAF one is/was 'alexandkim')
I have made an online payment with my visa card on the 27th for £124.11 for advance payment including 12 months line rental.
As I have said. It is a week tomorrow and I have heard nothing from PN regarding the migration and when it will happen.
Please can you advise on when I will switch from MAAF to PN.
I get easily confused over things like this, please can you give me a bit of your time over this?
KR's
Alex
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Something could be lost in the system. Someone with expert eyes perhaps needs to take a look.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Alex,
Thanks for providing all of the info.
I have now completed your migration to Plusnet, your Madasafish account is now closed.
You will from now on be invoiced by Plusnet, your phone line will go active within the next two weeks. We will inform you of the date that your phone goes active when this becomes available to us, this will be in the next few days.
Your broadband is now provided through Plusnet and you have paid a year in advance for your line rental, your line rental will start from the date your phone line is active with us.
I hope this helps clear things up for you.
Please ask if you are unsure on anything.
Chris
alex7127
Grafter

THANK YOU!  Grin
All switched over now, great!
Thank you Chris for sorting it all out.....a great weight off my mind!
KR'S
Alex