cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joined Plus net today and its nightmare

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Joined Plus net today and its nightmare

For completeness, and curiosity about the difference between fixed 1Mb and "ADSL Max", can 'harisqays' post the current router stats ?
harisqays
Grafter

Line is stable even night time
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 7072 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 55.5 db 26.5 db
Noise Margin 2.2 db 18.0 db

Ful Stats:
Mode: G.DMT
Channel: Interleave
Trellis: ON
Line Status: No Defect
Training Status: Showtime
Down Up
SNR (dB): 2.1 18.0
Attn(dB): 55.5 26.5
Pwr(dBm): 19.8 12.3
Max(Kbps): 7616 992
Rate (Kbps): 7072 448
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Attenuation/NM/Speed pattern is "unusual"  Roll_eyes
harisqays
Grafter

with talk talk attenuation was 49
HPsauce
Pro

Routers measure attenuation differently and it changes ADSL2+ vs ADSL1 also, so no direct comparison.
harisqays
Grafter

'with talk talk attenuation was 49' when set to g.dmt mode and 52 when set to adsl2+
HPsauce
Pro

Similar download speed though.  Cool
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I'm a touch surprised the DS attenuation is as high as it is compared to TT, otherwise the relative figures don't seem out of the way.
What time of day did you last sync? If you can hold that margin without too many errors you'll be doing well. But don't forget there is a trade-off between errors and download speed.
harisqays
Grafter

I manually restart the router so its been 2+ hours and router is very good to hold the sync long
Anonymous
Not applicable

Presumably the line is already erroring if interleaving has been applied on the first day ?  Huh
Is it time to get some error statistics out of the modem using the full version of RouterStats v6.8k ?
I'm pleased to see that my optimistic prediction for the download sync rate was close to the original "max sync rate"  Cool
Anotherone
Champion

Why bother with Routerstats at this stage  Roll_eyes (unless you especially want to monitor things). If the line remains stable leave it alone.
And I wouldn't go restarting/rebooting etc if you can avoid it during the next 10 days . You are in a DLM training period and if it sees too many resyncs it will think you have a dropping connection and start raising the Target SNRM with the consequential loss of speed. Even if you "tweak" it back, on 20CN the profile updates can take upto 5 days - it's a real pain. Keep it stable, no problem.
harisqays
Grafter

its normal router restart automatically night time when noise margines drop. I will try not to manually restart next ten days
Anotherone
Champion

If you are getting drops of sync at night and a restart, then you are pushing the SNRM too hard, I'd back it off a touch if it happens again.
harisqays
Grafter

because i manually set router to get the best speed that's why sometimes router restart night time even with talk talk
Anotherone
Champion

You don't appreciated what you are being told. If the connection drops at night (because the SNRM is too low) when the modem/router restarts the resync will be at a slower speed, if this results in a lower profile, that can take upto 5 days to recover - that is 5 days for the profile to go back up. You will never get a download speed faster than the profile whatever the sync speed.
On 20CN the Profiles are in bands, unlike 21CN ADSL2(+) where it's more or less a continuous.
Considering how hard you are pushing this, there is no point in your sync speed being higher than 6816 which will still give you a 6Mbps profile.