Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joined Plus net today and its nightmare

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Joined Plus net today and its nightmare

Do you get the same support on TalkTalk forums as you do here?
harisqays
Grafter

yes they have same community forum like plus net but i hardly had any problems if there were any minor issues they were solved over the phone.
Anotherone
Champion

I know they have a forum, that wasn't my question, perhaps I should have phrased it differently, how good is the support from members and TalkTalk staff?
harisqays
Grafter

As i said i never had any big issues speed etc so i cant remember if used there community forum, although i was registered there too. I had some minor issues like noise when calling out which they solved when i rang them.. But one thing i can confirm that i never waited 45 mins over the phone
UPDATE: My download speed fine is fine now just upload speed is caped to 448kbps is it possible if they can uncap it..
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Unfortunately not as your exchange isn't 21CN enabled - you could ask for Max Premium but that is expensive http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/prioritised-service-faq.shtml
harisqays
Grafter

Thanks for the clarifications i just checked and i think £7.83 its too expensive for  Prioritised Service
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: harisqays
My download speed fine is fine now just upload speed is caped to 448kbps
So Chris was right fortunately.
As noted, 448 is what you will get on any BT-based supplier on your exchange and BT charge them all a LOT to increase it.  Sad
Anotherone
Champion

Well I've been out all day, why is there no response from Plusnet on here?
harisqays
Grafter

I need a answer too
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've had a quick read over the thread and from what I can see I need to find out:
- What speed the service is provisioned on
- Why it was placed on that (if fixed 1Mb)
- What are the upload options
Is there anything I've missed (sorry, 6 pages of posts can get tricky to pull out the key points!).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

I've been through the thread and account in some more detail.
Unfortunately it seems that your account was incorrectly provided on a fixed 1Mb service, which has already been noted in this thread. This was due to the availability results at the time showing a 1Mb service available from the notes I can see.
Your service went active on Friday, unfortunately as orders will only complete on weekdays the modify to improve your download speed didn't complete until today.
As has already been mentioned, your exchange is 20CN only. This means that to allow faster upload speeds (up to 832k) would be at a cost of £7.83 per month.
I'm very sorry for the initial error with the order, but we've correct this as fast as we possibly could.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Chris
I've had a quick read over the thread and from what I can see I need to find out:
And hopefully an explanation of the "by midnight" message?  Wink
(and why the agent spoken to on Friday promised a change inside 24 hours as opposed to your more accurate prediction)
Quote from: harisqays
The activation will complete by midnight on 18/11/2014'
This is ridiculous i have been told  over the phone on 14/11/14 about 11.30pm that they ordered new line provision and it will take about 24 hours and when i asked so it should be active 15/11/14 at the same time 11.30pm and he said yes.
Chris
Legend

That's an old message that unfortunately still gets sent out. I'll flag this up internally again.
harisqays
Grafter

'And hopefully an explanation of the "by midnight" message?' u nailed it HP Cool
Chris
Legend

Quote from: HPsauce
(and why the agent spoken to on Friday promised a change inside 24 hours as opposed to your more accurate prediction)

Because the agent got it wrong. Mistakes do happen sometimes, I'll make sure we pass feedback on about this.