Did you mean: 

Joined Plus net today and its nightmare

harisqays
Grafter

Re: Joined Plus net today and its nightmare

Support ticket response
Your Response
6:18pm, Friday 14 Nov 2014
Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review.
Your Response
6:19pm, Friday 14 Nov 2014
Broadband Troubleshooter error
There's been a problem with our automated troubleshooting process.
Don't worry, our Faults Team will investigate it and be in touch. We'll aim to contact you within 24 hours.
[INTERNAL]Failure of Circuit Check
Your Response
6:19pm, Friday 14 Nov 2014
Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review.
Our Support Team will respond to your question soon. Please only add further comments when absolutely necessary
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The fact that the check by phone number only shows the 1MB fixed product whereas the postcode check shows 20CN ADSL Max only points to an error in a BT OpenReach or BT Wholesale database. Because only the 1MB is shown as available that's what has been ordered by the Plusnet system as apparently only that was available. Getting this sorted is going to need someone from Plusnet talking to BTw to correct the information about your line and I'm not sure if the people who can do that will be around before Monday - in any case the people they need to contact at BTw may not be available till then either. It's likely to take a few days but this can be sorted.
What you will not get is ADSL2+ because your exchange has not been upgraded to 21CN - see https://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/SLAC.
This means you will only get ADSL1 and your upload speed will be 448kbps unless you pay an extra £7.83 per month for Max Premium which will increase it to 832Mbps.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Well I wouldn't be waiting 24hrs+, and I certainly wouldn't like to guarantee them being in touch or having the sense to do an SNR Reset.
I suggest you ring in again now and say you've searched the forum and made some posts and there was an identical problem with this incorrect provisioning that was fixed by a simple SNR Reset, so could they please do one - if you get told they can't ask for a supervisor/manager and tell them if they can't/won't do it to put a note on your ticket stating that they won't. You can say one of the CRT (Customer Relations Team) will pick this up in the morning and do it - as well as giving some "feedback" to said supervisor.
harisqays
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
The fact that the check by phone number only shows the 1MB fixed product whereas the postcode check shows 20CN ADSL Max only points to an error in a BT OpenReach or BT Wholesale database. Because only the 1MB is shown as available that's what has been ordered by the Plusnet system as apparently only that was available. Getting this sorted is going to need someone from Plusnet talking to BTw to correct the information about your line and I'm not sure if the people who can do that will be around before Monday - in any case the people they need to contact at BTw may not be available till then either. It's likely to take a few days but this can be sorted.
What you will not get is ADSL2+ because your exchange has not been upgraded to 21CN - see https://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/SLAC.
This means you will only get ADSL1 and your upload speed will be 448kbps unless you pay an extra £7.83 per month for Max Premium which will increase it to 832Mbps.

When i was with talk talk i was getting Adsl2+
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Surely you know TT have their own equipment in the exchange whereas PN use whatever BT have in there?
Sadly you seem to be on an exchange where BT are "behind the curve".  Cry
jelv
Seasoned Hero

That's because TalkTalk have installed their own equipment in the exchange as shown under LLU presence in the SamKnows link I gave.
You are now connected to BT Wholesale equipment in the exchange which is ADSL Max only - ADSL Max is ADSL1 with a maximum download speed of 8128kbps.
When BT upgrade an exchange to support ADSL2 or ADSL2+ it is shown against 21CN WBC status in the BT Wholesale information section.
harisqays
Grafter

Quote from: HPsauce
Surely you know TT have their own equipment in the exchange whereas PN use whatever BT have in there?

ok thanks for the info
HPsauce
Pro

Maybe, and you'll need to examine the options in more detail, a move from TT to PN was not ideal for you given what you now know?
You may have a cancellation option depending on when/how you signed up to PN and for what services. On the other hand you may have had good reason to leave TT.
There are other suppliers on your exchange that don't use BT equipment.  Wink
jelv
Seasoned Hero

The SNR reset recommended by Anotherone is definitely worth a shot, however I'm not that optimistic that it will do the trick because of the availability check by phone number only showing 1Mb. We don't know if the earlier case you linked also had that peculiarity.
harisqays
Grafter

Quote from: HPsauce
Maybe, and you'll need to examine the options in more detail, a move from TT to PN was not ideal for you given what you now know?
You may have a cancellation option depending on when/how you signed up to PN and for what services. On the other hand you may have had good reason to leave TT.
There are other suppliers on your exchange that don't use BT equipment.  Wink

Only reason i left talk talk price hike been with them 3years + no issues
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I don't think a SNR reset will achieve anything, the line has been incorrectly provisioned on the old fixed 1Mbps service, note the low upload speed of 288Kbps. This is what I had over 9 years ago when I first got ADSL. Why the checker is only showing this is strange. Need help from PlusNet on this one. Sad
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

harisqays
Grafter

I am waiting 30+ mins over the phone to see if they give positive answer other wise i have right to cancel if i am not getting the service which they advertised.
harisqays
Grafter

I have been with sky as well and was getting 7+mb as well i think sky also use bt
HPsauce
Pro

Being realistic it's the weekend and the chances of anyone understanding, let alone knowing how to or being able to fix your problem are pretty low.
I'd post a summary of the issue in the "Your Feedback" section as that gets visibility and action (next week?). Basically say what you had before, what you were promised and what you have now followed by a polite but firm "fix it quickly or I'll have the right to cancel".  Wink
Sky have there own kit (LLU) and took over Be/O2 who DEFINITELY have ADSL2+ kit in your exchange.