cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joined 30th July - still waiting ! We're running the final checks on your phone

Mojopearlff

Joined 30th July - still waiting ! We're running the final checks on your phone

Hello,
I am so disappointed by how slowly everything is progressing with my changeover. Nothing is moving.  Sad Shocked
I phoned customer services on friday and was told that the order would be put through again and that it would take an extra 10 days. Why?
I was a BT customer. What is the problem. Nothing moves from "We're running the final checks on your telephone line before submitting your order."
I've paid over £170 on the 30th. Had the welcoming letter on the 31st July and to date nothing. My telephone is to be swapped over to you too.
I'm shocked. Does anyone know if there is a cancellation fee as I'm beginning to wonder if this is the way to go!
When I first joined I was told it should all have been up and running on the 13th August.
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Joined 30th July - still waiting ! We're running the final checks on your phone

Unfortunately I've just checked the new order and that too has failed, I've resubmitted them but again that's a 10 working day lead time. Unfortunately as it's a transfer in from another provider that's the shortest timescale we can place the orders for. During this period you should continue to receive service from your existing provider.
I'm really sorry for the problems you've had so far and I hope that the new orders go ahead without a hitch.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Mojopearlff

Re: Joined 30th July - still waiting ! We're running the final checks on your phone

Thank you for looking into this Chris.
Re: the ten days from today. Does that include weekends or is the ten days just working week days.
Also if the status has moved on from "We're running final check on your phone". Does that mean that it is finally moving forward.
Thank you for your help.
Mojopearlff

Just had an email.
It looks like it will be up and running by 2th September. Which works out over the 10 days from today?
Why does 10 become 12 if it should take 10 days to go through?  Shocked
So if it goes through on the 2nd September. I would have waited over a month for everything to be up and running!
I hope you the service is worth it, as it certainly has not been a good start.
Estragon
Rising Star

Ten working days. Stipulated by Ofcom, who only work Monday-Friday and think everyone else does.
Until they go to the supermarket. But I don't think they associate that with the working week :(.
lenny
Grafter

Why have you moved from bt , I am thinking about going to bt
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@Mojopearlff
Unfortunately due to the bank holiday coming up that will have added a extra day on as it's not a working day.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Mojopearlff

Ah, that explains the extra days. Thank you Mathew.  Smiley