cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Cancelled due to "Head End Issue" ???

flyhighajw
Dabbler

Job Cancelled due to "Head End Issue" ???

Hi
My Fibre install did not happen yesterday during the slot of 8am - 1pm.    Cry
When I called up between 1-2pm to chase the Openreach engineer - expecting to be told he was just delayed and he would be with me shortly - I was told that the job was cancelled! The reason given was one that the staff say they had never seen before "Head End Issue". It would have been a lot better if I had been informed when this problem was discovered - an opportunity to be proactive missed.
Now has anyone had this problem before and how big a spanner is it being thrown into the works?  Undecided
I need this to be sorted by next Tuesday as Wednesday is the day Virginmedia stop supplying me.
20 REPLIES 20
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

Re: Job Cancelled due to "Head End Issue" ???

I think the head-end is a piece of equipment which is in place when an exchange has both FTTC and FTTP installed, either that or it's related to the system which receives TV streams for YouView!
Chances are it's a fault which has just occurred or something which wouldn't show on Plusnets system but if they fault had shown when the appointment had be placed then Openreach probably wouldn't have accepted it
What exchange are you on?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi flyhighajw,
I'm having a look into this for you now. I'm really sorry for any inconvenience caused. I'll pop a further update on Ticket: 82299746 for you.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm really sorry the appointment did not go ahead as planned and that the order was cancelled.
The order was cancelled by our suppliers as the order did not progress correctly in their systems. I've passed this onto my colleague who will contact you later this afternoon to discuss your availability for an engineer to come and complete the installation.
Hopefully we can get this resolved for you soon!
flyhighajw
Dabbler

buntrob - I am on the Starbeck exchange.
Linn K - Seen your update on the ticket 82299746 - I will try and remain available this PM [Certainly contactable pre13:30 and after 17:15].      Friday PM and Monday would be great times for the Engineer to drop by (unless they do weekends too?).
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks flyhighajw.
I'll take another look at your order and hopefully we'll be able to arrange a new appointment and be able to confirm this with you later today.
Are you available all day Monday for an AM or PM appointment? I'll certainly push for tomorrow afternoon but I can't guarantee it's available. Unfortunately our installation engineers do not work on weekends.
I'll keep you posted.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've just had a look and can see that my colleague tried to call you about half an hour ago. Our suppliers have arranged for the engineer to attend on Monday afternoon between 1PM and 6PM. Please ensure someone over the age of 18 is available to allow the engineer access during this time.
flyhighajw
Dabbler

Linn K - Monday afternoon is great - thank you very much.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Brilliant. I've popped an update on the ticket confirming that you're available for this so that the relevant team is made aware of this. They'll continue to monitor this for you until completion.
flyhighajw
Dabbler

A further query: I've had a text saying that my broadband service is due to become active by midnight on 11 March.
This isn't going to stop the engineer visit on the 10th PM?
Although potentially it looks like I could have all the equipment here, could I be told not to use it until Wednesday possibly? I could work with this as Virgin are not due to cut their internet connection to me until Wednesday some point.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi flyhighajw,
This is an automated message that our system sends out to allow 24 hours for the account to be activated following order completion, however, with Fibre we normally see the order complete on the same day. I'll be monitoring this for you on my side to ensure this goes through for you as well as the relevant team who are monitoring this on Ticket: 82299746.
flyhighajw
Dabbler

Linn K - thank you for the re-assurance.
flyhighajw
Dabbler

Hi
The fibre engineer has been and gone. He was wonderfully constructive and has done the job as needed, with the minimum of fuss and zero collateral damage. Please pass this back through Openreach.
He stated that fibre is running ok as far as he is concerned.
When can I plug my network cable into the Plusnet modem?
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

i plugged mine in when the engineer installed my fibre service he wanted to make sure that the router communicated with the modem ok so I would say anytime would be fine you should be up and running. 
flyhighajw
Dabbler

Fibre is connected, working and going like Greased Lightning!