Did you mean: 

JoJo Help!

Zap
Grafter

JoJo Help!

Hi jojo
According to this page I have ADSL2 support and up to 17mb speeds
https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html
So I put in a new ADSL2 router but you know what happens, it detects a new Mac address and turn my speed down.
Previously you performed some magic at Plusnet towers and got my profile whacked up.
Any chance you could do some of that magic again for me please?
Many thank!!
35 REPLIES 35
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: JoJo Help!

What makes you think that you have been moved to ADSL2+ or more to the point - if you were already on it a speed reduction with a new router may just be that the router isn't as good as the old one
Why don't you post the full router stats to give us an idea what is happening
Zap
Grafter

Because I have been patiently waiting for this day when BT said it would be done and the page I quoted said I had the speed available.
I was not on a speed reduction I had a basic ADSL router and I put a new ADSL 2 router in to support the new service that has been enabled at my exchange.
What JoJo told me last time was that if there is any change it always switches down and that is what it did.
Last time it was just a wireless router, this time it is an ADSL2 router,  I waited days last time for support but JoJo said it would have taken months and did something at her end.
That sorted it.
Hope she can do the same.
Zap
Grafter

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 8Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 7Mbps and 8Mbps.

THIS is the new bit

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 17Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 10Mbps and 19.5Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1.5Mbps and downstream line speed of 17Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 10Mbps and 19.5Mbps.
David_W
Rising Star

Having the exchange made 21CN ready doesn't automatically move you on to ADSL2+
FAQ 3 will answer your question you need to raise a ticket to get moved to the faster speeds Smiley
x47c
Grafter

or if you wait then Plusnet will move subscribers over to 21CN in batches.
You get an email to say this is about to happen.
Then abour 5-7 weeks after the email the work is actually done
Zap
Grafter

@x47x Would you want to wait around fo r5 to 7 weeks when the BT page says it has been upgraded?
What nonsense.
@DavidW the URL in the OP showed my exchange HAS been upgraded.
Ticket has been raised 56069713
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Zap
We'll pick your ticket up ASAP for that.
I'm having some issues accessing the appropriate ordering system at the moment so I'll come back to that later.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Zap
Grafter

Thanks Adam
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No problem, the order has been placed for you and the ticket updated Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Zap
Grafter

Thanks
I suppose it was unrealistic of me to expect this to be a simple thing, ticket says it will be June 12th
Thanks anyway.
x47c
Grafter

Quote from: Zap
@x47x Would you want to wait around fo r5 to 7 weeks when the BT page says it has been upgraded?
What nonsense.

Well the blunt anwer is Yes I was quite happy to wait.
My local exchange was upgraded and released for service in mid Feb, Plusnet send me an email  at the begining of March to say my line was due to be upgraded.
I know quite a few others on the exchange on Plusnet and they also got the email at the same time advising of the batch upgrade to be done.
The lines were actually swapped all over to ADSL2+ I think in the first week of April which is indeed about the 5-7 weeks they quoted.
I had no problem with this - but then I do have other things to bother about in my life than my broadband speed.
I also recognise that BT have endless urgent faults to deal with and upgrading a batch of functional lines to ADSL2+ is not exactly priority work, so it gets done when it gets done.

Zap
Grafter

I guess that is the difference, I spend around 13 hours a day on the internet.
I am stuck in an echange that was never going to be upgraded but then Talk Talk came and put some kit in and suddenly BT decided to upgrade it.
Now speed will more than double for me.
David_W
Rising Star

And in a few weeks speeds for people with Plusnet on your exchange will increase without them having to do a thing, which is a lot better than being on a 21CN exchange and not being moved to ADSL2+ unless you request it meaning people stuck on up to 8Mb until they find out their exchange has been upgraded.  You're in the know, you kept yourself updated on the conversion date (just not the practical application of what to do once the date came) so were able to get it done sooner.  You should try fibre though, my exchange is ready but there is no information anywhere on when my address is going to be upgraded!
Zap
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
No problem, the order has been placed for you and the ticket updated Smiley

Adam
Do you know when this will be done, I have waited 11 days, no sign of an improvement, infact the speed on my router is down from 6.5 to 5.2
Is there any way to progress this or do I just have to wait for the speed to improve?