cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It seems that nobody at Plusnet can fix my broadband speed problem. PLEASE HELP !!

Darcy2
Hooked

It seems that nobody at Plusnet can fix my broadband speed problem. PLEASE HELP !!

Out of the blue the broadband speed dropped from 1.44 (my usual speed) to .72 last Tuesday. An openreach engineer attended on Thursday and could not fix the fault but managed to get it to .95mbps.  He suggested a new router which arrived and was duly installed. It is still not fixed so obviously not the router. The next day it was back to square one..This is my latest speedtest at 7.15pm today. This is not acceptable. Can anyone fix this?? It is now going between .71mbps and .91mbpsWhen your speed is so abysmal at 1.4 mb, every little bit counts. I spent hours on the phone last week trying to sort this out but nobody seems to know why the problem has occurred. I am on an EO line and about 3km but my line has been stable for months now until last week and nobody knows what has caused this to happen or how to fix it.
1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
0.86 Mbps

0 Mbps 1 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speed achieved during the test was - 0.86 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.2 Mbps-1 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :1.54 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 1 Mbps

9 REPLIES 9
Darcy2
Hooked

Re: It seems that nobody at Plusnet can fix my broadband speed problem. PLEASE HELP !!

next one ......

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
  0.77 Mbps

0 Mbps 1 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.77 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.2 Mbps-1 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :1.54 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 1 Mbps
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: It seems that nobody at Plusnet can fix my broadband speed problem. PLEASE HELP !!

In situations like this, router stats are more useful.

Have you done a quiet line test?

Have you worked through the speed issues thread? See the link below.

There is also some possibility that the poor speeds are down to electrical interference from something inside your home - cheap power supplies can suddenly deteriorate.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Darcy2
Hooked

The openreach engineer did the quiet line tests. Nothing has changed in my home before or since this happened. We are with SSE electric and nothing has changed.

Can you explain how to do router stats please?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear you're having speed issues.

Testing your line is showing your router in sync at 1.5mbps, but the BRAS profile is capping the speed at 1mbps. It looks like one of my colleagues has placed an order to try and rectify that which should complete tomorrow.

I've arranged for your service to be moved to the 21century exchange equipment, we'll place the order once the current one completes tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Just an update, I've now placed the order to provision your service on ADSL2+.

We'll be in touch within 24 to 72 hours via the ticket on your account once we have a date it'll go live.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Darcy2
Hooked

Can anyone tell me what is happening? I have been waiting for an update from Plusnet to tell me that my line has been updated to ADSL2.

This is my present speedtest today which is still abysmal. At least I was getting around 1.5mb  before all this started and now it is not much better that .75 since this problem with my broadband started. I can barely open a web page with this. It is not acceptable

1. Best Effort Test: 

Download  Speed

0.92 Mbps

0 Mbps

1 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.92 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 
0.4 Mbps-1 Mbps.

Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :
1.41 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.58 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 
1 Mbps

Sunday 2/7/17

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

When looking at speed issues, router stats are far more informative about what's happening.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Darcy2
Hooked

I have no idea how to take router stats. Can you advise please?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

If you're using the Hub Zero we sent out you need to do the following.

1. Go to 192.168.1.254 and click on Helpdesk
  2. Enter the router password and you'll be taken to the router stats screen.

I've attached a example below

test.png

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team