cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's so annoying

thepark
Grafter

It's so annoying

My sync is 2176 after a single blip down to 1060 this morning .  My speed is down to 741 after usually around 1400 due  to a sudden profile restriction by BT because of the blip.  They said it is 750 and confirmed the sync speed of 2200, which it was at the time! Profile for that should be 1500  surely. Now I have to wait three days for BT to raise my  profile again. I thought this was supposed to be quicker from July 07. My profile is still 1500 on Plusnet site at the last time I looked. I raised a question, but I got an answer about connecting to main outlet etc. Not a response to my query.
6 REPLIES 6
James
Grafter

Re: It's so annoying

hi there,
the last update we have from BT is from early this morning, when they recorded a sync event of 864Kbps, resulting in a profile of 750Kbps.
Whilst I do appreciate that this is frustrating, it is one of the things that can happen on the IPStream Max product.
thepark
Grafter

Thanks James
I'm sure I read somewhere that the repair to a profile after a blip was to be within the day. Did I imagine this or have you heard anything? Living in the sticks means we have to put up with slower speeds anyway. Are plusnet not able to prompt BT regarding the profile? It is still showing 1500 as usual on "member centre".
Peter.
James
Grafter

I'll get it changed to 1000 for you.
It generally takes about 3 days for profile changes to occur.
BT were meant to have been doing something to improve this, but I'm yet to see any evidence that this actually occurs.
thepark
Grafter

Thanks James
Would have preffered it if you had raised profile back up to 1500 which has been normal for a long time now.
Spose will have to be patient for a couple of days. However, lets be honest, i'm not noticing much of a problem surfing normally. I think we tend to worry more about numbers than actual experience. Would I have noticed it if I hadn't done a speed checker? I'm not sure!
Peter
James
Grafter

Peter,
It would have made no difference if I had done.  We have no control over the BT IP Profile, but only the profile on the PlusNet network.
thepark
Grafter

James
Wow! Noticed back up to 1400 speed. Checked BT speedtester. Profile has been put back within a day.  So the system has improved. Thanks.
Peter