Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's just not happening

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

It's just not happening

Having volunteered for the trial, progress has frequently hit barriers. Firstly, I was refused the opportunity because the information that Plusnet used was at odds with BTw, indicating that my exchange was not due to be enabled in the near future. It was enabled as scheduled on 31st March.
This was resolved, and thanks to the intervention of Jameseh I was put on the trial with an order date of April 9th. This didn't happen, possibly due in part to the cable tunnel incident. Updated the ticket on April 14th to find out what the new date would be, and have been waiting to hear back since. Ticket response mentions problems but no update since the 17th.
The benefits of 21CN are not expected to be great on my connection (63dB d/s attenuation), but I felt the upstream could be beneficial and any feedback I could give might be useful to Plusnet and its customers. But given the problems to date simply trying to get on the trial, and the problems others have experienced and posted on the forum, I'm starting to wonder if it will be worth the hassle.
My other car isn't a Ferrari
4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: It's just not happening

Hi Maranello,
I've just tried placing your order again.  I've unfortunately been presented with this error:
ADSL, ADSL 2+ and FTTC products will be supported in future. Therefore you cannot proceed with the order yet.

Which makes it look like there's a bit of a delay with your exchange. Sad
maranello
Pro

Thanks James, you appear to be correct. This is from the BT Wholesale broadband availability checker
Your exchange is planned to have ADSL2+ by 31st March 2010. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a potential broadband line rate of 3.5Mbps or greater.

I guess I should have checked again, as this information has been changed since I last looked.
It's a pity that in your absence, nobody in the CSC could do as you did, or updated the ticket. I'll just have to forget about the trial and close the ticket.
Also from the BTw checker
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a potential ADSL Max broadband line rate of 3Mbps or greater.

So maybe worth my while trying to see if I can do anyting to realise the potential of my connection. Best sync rate I've achieved to date is ~2200kbps.
James
Grafter

I'm really not saying to forget about it.
I'm just saying to give it a bit more time and then I'll be perfectly happy to place your order as soon as I can Smiley
maranello
Pro

No problem James. If  the information from BTw is correct then I could be waiting 11 months or more for my exchange to be WBC enabled, and the trial might even be over by then. If I remember, I may check the exchange status from time to time, and if anything changes I will take up your offer to place the order again.
Thanks anyway for looking into this and taking the time to respond.