Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's Hard To Move To Plusnet Fibre + Phone

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

It's Hard To Move To Plusnet Fibre + Phone

I've been a Plusnet (well, Force9) customer for a good few years and when a letter arrived telling me that Fibre was now available in my area, and free installation if I also took Home Phone this seemed a good deal so I arranged it. Took a little longer than usual because I ended up connected to an agent who was in training but no problem. Changeover arranged for a date 2 weeks away and the Openreach engineer arranged for a morning call. Great I thought!
So the great day dawned and the emails arrived:
- 1 from BT saying they were sorry I was leaving
- 1 from PN saing the Home Phone was ready
- 1 from PN saying the broadband changeover was complete
- 1 from PN saying they would be taking the payment for the line
But no Openreach engineer.
Called PN (Ben I think - maybe not) - someone at PN had decided to cancel the Openreach engineer (despite changing me onto a Fibre broadband account)  ???. Reason given was that changing the phone line to PN cancelled the line change to Fibre. So just how is anyone expected to take up the Fibre+Phone deal eh ????
So Openreach engineer rearranged for a further 2-3 weeks hence. With any luck noone will cancel it this time around.
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
5 REPLIES 5
waynem
Grafter

Re: It's Hard To Move To Plusnet Fibre + Phone

Mate ... i really feel for you ...i had alsorts of problems , broadband not ordered , engineer turning up when he shouldnt have  as that order had been cancelled , then dulicated  but without  BB ,
its just so frustrating  . But its ok  cos they are really sorry that it happened !!! yeh right !
quelquod
Pro

Quote from: waynem
But its ok  cos they are really sorry that it happened !!!

Actually noone said they were sorry - just told me that something had gone wrong.
There doesn't seem to be any understanding that it is quite a thing, especially in these times, for me to waste a morning off.
As I said initially - how is anyone supposed to take up the Fibre + Home Phone contract if ordering one automatically cancels the other one?
Or was this just a bit of sloping shoulders?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
I've done some digging into your change to fibre which is scheduled to go ahead. Firstly apologies that your fibre order was cancelled, this is not what should have happened as part of transferring your services. This does need to be done manually and was not completed correctly, so no your order should not of been cancelled. I will feedback on this to make sure this does not happen again.
I will keep tabs on your account to make sure everything is still on track for your fibre.
If there's anything else I can help with then just let me know.
Chris
quelquod
Pro

Thanks for that Chris.
I can understand that things do go wrong from time to time, but of course that isn't of much comfort when it happens to you.
With any luck it will be OK next time around - roll on the 10th  Smiley
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's always worse when it happens to you! That's why I can appreciate your frustration with it.
I'll keep an eye on your account to make sure everything goes through fine.