cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is with great regret . . .

essenby
Grafter

It is with great regret . . .

. . that I have to announce that last night, after more than 8 years, I asked PLusNet for a MAC code. 
I am not "totally dissatisfied" or "totally disillusioned", nor do I have any great beef with PN at all really.  I just feel that the current offer from SKY for their "Unlimited" (and I am aware that there is no such thing as a free lunch or unlimited broadband Wink ) product FREE for six months, is just too good an offer to miss.
Previously SKY broadband users have had problems using VPN, and this was important to me as I occaisionally work from home.  Now however, SKY are rolling out firmware upgrades for the routers, to any user who requests it, so there doesn't seem to be any real reason to stay with PN anymore.
If anyone out there can give me a valid reason, I am perfectly open and willing to be talked out of my decision,  I have 3-4 days while they are generating the MAC code anyway.  So it's over to you, loyal PNetters.  Am I right - or am I wrong - and why?Huh

16 REPLIES 16
Mand
Grafter

Re: It is with great regret . . .

Thanks for your time on the phone today, I hope I was persuasive enough to make you stay. Wink
Feel free to get in touch should you have any further questions or need any help. Smiley
mal0z
Grafter

Well done Mand, that is what is great about PN - I can't imagine Virgin, or Sky would respond so quickly. I hope you could persuade essenby
coastergrotto
Grafter

I quite agree.  That's what so good about Plusnet.    You actually feel that your custom is appreciated.  These forums forums are fantastic.    Much of the info is way above my head I have to admit but problems you raise do get sorted.  Sometimes it may take a time but they do get sorted.
stallan
Grafter

Fully agree that these forums make the difference for me. However, I sometimes feel that there is a large gap in the abilities of those who just work the phones / tickets and those PN staff who sit in these forums. If that gap could be narrowed, then I would suspect the "I'm leaving...." statements would be a lot less.
Given the current economic climate I suspect there are a lot of people who find offers like the one from sky difficult to pass on by. As I'm not allowed a dish on the house by SWMBO I don't have that worry.
SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: stallan
Fully agree that these forums make the difference for me. However, I sometimes feel that there is a large gap in the abilities of those who just work the phones / tickets and those PN staff who sit in these forums.

I have to agree - people I've dealt with on here from PN and people like Aaron at JTN have been excellent. The same cannot be said of the people who seem to be manning the help desk/answering tickets. I wouldn't say "incompetent" is the word to use but I get the feeling that the one's I've dealt with have no more knowledge of the systems they are supporting than the people manning T-Mobiles help desk have of theirs (who took 4 phone calls and 4 days or broken promises to call back to finally admit that they didn't support a phone they sold to my wife 13 months ago).
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

we can only speculate as to what mand@plusnet could offer better than free broadband. Maybe we should all try to leave 😉
mal0z
Grafter

OK - you do it , and come and tell us  Wink
Mand
Grafter

You're obviously overlooking the fact that disclosure of any such offer renders it void. Tongue Wink
James1991
Grafter

Mand
Grafter

Done.
I was reading your thread as you replied here. Wink
essenby
Grafter

Guys guys guys - calm down please !!
We all know there is no such thing as free broadband  Roll_eyes - even for 6 months Grin
However, modesty forbids me to reveal anything about what Mand offered me ;;)
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Come on, admit it .... Mand came 'round with her Enforcer ..... and the rest is history !  Grin
Mand
Grafter

Spot on Wheel_nut, this place is like the Hotel California Wink
tonycollinet
Grafter

Quote from: mal0z
Well done Mand, that is what is great about PN - I can't imagine Virgin, or Sky would respond so quickly. I hope you could persuade essenby

Seconded and thirded. (or should that be 4th'd and 5th'd?) There is no doubt that the only reason I am still here, is the support offered by the plusnet team in these forums.
Mand is especially helpful.  Wink