cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with new Thomson 585 v7

jheenan
Grafter

Re: Issues with new Thomson 585 v7

Snarf, so a new router with the same firmware fixed it?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@snarf,
Aw that's great, glad I could help you.
Jojo Smiley
Snarf
Grafter

Yeah would seem so - as I said previously, the first one would just reboot itself back to factory settings if changing the SSID, admin password or wireless channel, this one just accepted doing that to all three happily. I guess Thomson may have manufactured a batch of erroneous routers!
Snarf
Grafter

Quote from: Joanne
Aw that's great, glad I could help you.
Jojo Smiley

I'm just glad there's people like you that hang around in the forums, always a good place to get help! Smiley
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: paxy
I have also not been able to get it to work with sipgate

Hi Paxy
Have you unbind port 5060 by using telnet program?
Remember it won’t work on any other port i.e. if your voip device is on port 5062  you must only unbind port 5060
Quote from: paxy
had problems with connecting to Windows 7 via WPA2

It could be because Speedtouch routers have  wireless channels from 1-13  most wireless devices only go up to channel 10 try and use auto-channel setting or a lower channel if possible on your speedtouch router, I used channel 13 and none of my wireless devices showed up my router so i could not connect to it.
puddy

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: puddy
Speedtouch routers have  wireless channels from 1-13  most wireless devices only go up to channel 10 ....

All routers designed to operate in the UK (and Europe, I think) use wireless channels 1-13.  All wireless adaptors use channels 1-13 if they think they are on a UK computer.  US wireless devices use channels 1-11 only.  When you first set-up your computer it will generally default to US locale unless you tell it otherwise so problems with wireless channels 12 & 13 usually arise when your computer thinks it is in the good ol' USA.