cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Thomson TG585v7 Router

MrT
Grafter

Issues with Thomson TG585v7 Router

Some time ago I tried to change my Router's admin password, wireless channel and SSID. Each time the router simply rebooted and reset everything to factory settings.
Is it me or do I have a faulty router? This one's only 3 months old.
My current connection has been up for over 45 days so I'm somewhat reluctant to change anything right now.
Should I put up with this situation
OR
should I ask PN to replace the Router
OR
should I buy another Router (if so which one) and keep the Thomson as a spare?
All views appreciated.  Smiley
4 REPLIES 4
Paulalex
Grafter

Re: Issues with Thomson TG585v7 Router

I also have the same problems, Stuck on channel one, keeps rebooting back to defaults..  this is a firmware bug, which has never been resolved i think. So i have read on these forums, or just plusnets buggy coding added to the firmware,Or we both have dodgy routers.  Undecided  either way the routers aint worth *****
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi MrT,
It may be worth upgrading/refreshing the firmware, if that doesn't work we would be happy to get you a new one out if it's only 3 months old. We have a help page on how to do this here
Jojo Smiley
Paulalex
Grafter

My router is good now i just reflashed it with stock firmware. No more rebooting, and every setting sticks with no error's.   Smiley
Not to keen on the plusnet firmware.
MrT
Grafter

Hi folks,
Thanks for your responses. My Router came with v8.2.6.5 firmware.
I've downloaded the relevant items (per your link) Jojo and will do the re-flash over the weekend.
I'll get someone to pray on Sunday that this process does not mess up my profile!  Roll_eyes
Cheers.