Beauchief exchange - No
FTTC - No
Problems logging onto PN portal - No
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Issues with SSL sites

Hi all,
Just checked my notification emails from BT, and there's planned works scheduled on the Beauchief exchange today (coincidentally the same one my mum is connected to Smiley ). They're due to complete at 6pm so that's probably what's been happening.
ch166erd
Dabbler

Are you meaning the planned maintanence with a BT reference of PW181323?Huh
Start: 19/01/2012 00:00
Cleared: 19/01/2012 06:00
VOD
Grafter

Well at last I have got home (using digital network !!)
I can confirm I have a site in Dore and one in Millhouses .. Both fibre to cabinet... Both have the same issues .... both on beauchief ...  also got a 21cn on the same exchnage whcih is all well...  I do hope I can be believed by plusnet now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!arghhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
houlton23
Grafter

There's a thread on this on TBB too - exact same situation as far as I can see.
VOD
Grafter

Well I submitted the wireshark last night all 250+ mb of it...  I was told to upload it to my webspace but this morning was told it was being archived by the abuse team....  Please help us all plusnet !!!
mcg
Dabbler

Still same problems as yesterday. Cannot do upload tests on speedtest.net or MyBroadband speed.
System disconnected and reconnected itself at 04:49 but no access at all this morning til I powered off/on.
Cannot access some sites
Difficulty in posting this because of timeouts
Mike
Beauchief fttc
ch166erd
Dabbler

PN have dealt with my faults ticket. Seems they see there is a problem, looks with upload traffic. There is an image on my ticket that I would upload if I could Wink
Can anyone explain this in lamens terms, "NIC is not picking up PEW"?Huh
Might need an engineer out apparently. The agent did say he has seen 2 other accounts with the same issue on the same exchange.
Seems all in order, just a waiting game as it's now raised with BT.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: ch166erd
There is an image on my ticket that I would upload if I could Wink

When you compose a post open up the Additional Options and Attachments... below. You can attach images in there.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ch166erd
Dabbler

That was actually a little dig at the fact I can't upload anything because of the problems with the connection
dick:quote
mcg
Dabbler

Same for me. When I eventually managed to upload a ticket I received the following reply:
"The BEAUCHIEF exchange is currently reporting a outage. Openreach are out attempting to resolve the issue. We expect the work to be completed by this evening."
So, fingers crossed etc.
Mike
HeHe - I cannot upload this now  Grin
ch166erd
Dabbler

Apparently BT (via a call to PN) say they expect to have fixed the exchange by 10am tomorrow
ch166erd
Dabbler

I believe I am back in business!!  Cool
VOD
Grafter

Looks like both my sites are up and running....  It has caused me real pain, but I know these things happen, howerver I must say I am disapointed with +net responces...  They still did not beleive me at 4pm last night getting me to do a direct PPOE conection with the modem...  argghhh  oh and then as my webspace has been archived as i uploaded files to big with wireshark captures they want me to promise I will never ever do it again .... oh well dont think I will be doing this as they told me to do it ....
At least it is working now !! #
ch166erd
Dabbler

Well, from my point of view, I raised a fault ticket, it detected a fault and it got fixed. So credit where it's due there. It is a little annoying that the ticket sat still for 24 hours with no action, but I chose not to call and harass. PN actually called me when they realised there was a fault, can't imagine too many other companies doing that?
However, when I called for an update yesterday evening, the agent at PN said it was BT that spotted the fault in the exchange. So some credit goes to BT, even if it did take them over 2 days to realise they had a problem. It wasn't showing on any normal status pages anywhere (BT's or PN's) because it was limited to fibre only, room for some improvement here maybe?
Overall, brown stuff happens and it was fixed without any real hassle for me.