cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues in Bingley(BD16)

delaneya
Grafter

Issues in Bingley(BD16)

Does BT Infnity effect plusnets fiber? There is a serving issues on the BT Service status sitehttps://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31 for the bingley area and my internet has been running like a dog for past 24 hours. 56k speeds, stops downloading and no internet connection. A 2mb file took me about a hour. I have rebooted the router and modem cleared the setting and inputted them all back in.
33 REPLIES 33
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Issues in Bingley(BD16)

They both use the same system so what affects one usually affect the other
delaneya
Grafter

Thought as much, best to check. Would of been nice for plsunet to update there service status page. Saves me hunting for information.
Bloodfish
Dabbler

Also in Bingley and having same issues
Estimated time to resolve: 20:00
Impacting since 15/03/2014 04:40

delaneya
Grafter

Glad I am not the only one. You think we can get some kind of update off plusnet?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Unfortunately we've no further update than the update that's on the above link.
The updates on that link are the same that we're provided with on our systems - apologies for not letting you know sooner.
delaneya
Grafter

BT had fixed it last night by the looks of things but its gone down again.
RufusStBernard

Also in Bingley and just got through to engineer and heard Bingley exchange is poorly and BT engineers are estimating fix by 11pm. I am going to walk past just to see if Bring Ten (BT) engineers are sitting in open reach vans having a cuppa.
delaneya
Grafter

Still not working today. This has been going on all weekend. What is exactly up with the exchange ?
I am starting to get irritated with this.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi delaneya,
I've tried checking your line and it looks as though there might be an individual fault with your service.
Would you be able to raise a fault with us at http://faults.plus.net so we can get this looked into further for you?
delaneya
Grafter

Filled it the details on the fault page. Ticket number #82996105. I still think its an issue over at the the exchange as other people I have spoken to have the same issue who are also with plusnet.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks.
The amount of drops on your connection compared to others are a lot more frequent.
If we do find it's an exchange issue - no harm done in raising a fault, it makes things easier for us to track too.
delaneya
Grafter

Drops might be down to me rebooting router and re-configuring it. Making sure its nothing on my side. Bt say "We've fixed the problem in the Bingley area so your BT Infinity should now be working. If it isn't, try restarting your router."  So i reboot and its not okay so i reset defaults etc then the fault appears back on Bt's list 's as a new issue. This must of happend 3 times since the issue started.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ok. Let's see what the Faults Team make of the line condition and quality.
Our Faults Team aim to get back in touch within 48-72 hours. In the meantime, if you could leave everything switched on as it is, this should give us a good idea of what's going on.
RufusStBernard

I'm in bingley exact same prob. And keep resetting router everytime supposedly fixed. Spoke to Plus net twice but no ticket number. Can't see where to log fault on site and painful hunting with speed at 0.2mbps. Surely a ticket has already been raised from my calls. I really can't keep calling and spending time Listening to "show me the way to armadillo"