cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is upgrading from legacy Premium to Extra a no-brainer?

Palmski
Grafter

Is upgrading from legacy Premium to Extra a no-brainer?

I don't tend to look at my broadband very much unless I have a problem so inevitably I end up on a legacy product pretty quickly. Currently I'm on Plusnet Premium and comparing it to Extra it looks as though by giving up 60Gb of my current 120Gb monthly download limit (which I never come close to) I'll get lower monthly costs and less restrictive download speeds.
This to me seems a pretty obvious change to make, the question is are there any hidden extras I'm not seeing which would make this less of an obvious choice?
6 REPLIES 6
James
Grafter

Re: Is upgrading from legacy Premium to Extra a no-brainer?

Hi there,
There's no hidden extras, so as long as you're comfortable keeping your usage within 60GB during peak times, then go for it. I note that you can have fairly high usage off peak, so as long as you keep to this, all will be well.
Palmski
Grafter

Thanks for the confirmation James and yes, I am careful to schedule any big downloads to be off-peak  Wink
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Just to be clear, there are no differences between Extra and Premium on the traffic management side.  We are actively encouraging posters here who struggle to stay within Extra 60Gb limit to change to Premium.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Palmski
Grafter

Just FYI that's not what it says here http://usergroup.plus.net/prodcomp1.php ! See attachment.
I've still switched as it is either like-for-like or better from my point of view but if what you say is true you may want to update that comparison page Wink
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

That comparison page isn't maintained by PN, but the user group .
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I wish people would stop blaming the user group for this. The information shown on the product comparison tool is correct according to the information published by Plusnet.
See http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/plusnet_premium_archive.shtml#downloadSpeeds
If Plusnet want the speeds shown on the usergroup product comparison changed they need to get their own house in order. If PUG published wrong data that was unfavourable to Plusnet, Plusnet would rightly be upset, PUG can only follow the published information.
In the mean time the official information is that speeds are worse on the Legacy Premium compared with Extra. In practice people may find according to the posts on here that speeds are actually better than expected.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)