cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is today the day?

Angrypetee
Grafter

Is today the day?

ok...after two weeks of can...can't...can...can't...can...errrm no you can't...ever...
BT are now saying that Fibre is available from cabinet 21...my cabinet...

please please please please please Plusnet...make me an appointment for an openreach dude to come round and sort it out...
before BT decide to change their minds again.....
If you can do it....i'll buy you a pint!!  Wink
11 REPLIES 11
Angrypetee
Grafter

Re: Is today the day?

C'mon Plusnet.....I'm offering you a pint... Cheesy
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Looks like we can get it ordered for you, best bet would probably be to run through the Product Change link on our website and order Fibre from there. We'll be in touch to confirm the appointment with you as soon as it's booked.
Depends what ales they have on but if there's Farmer's Blonde or Moonshine I'll have one of those please Smiley
Angrypetee
Grafter

its in the post to you Matt!! 🐵
Angrypetee
Grafter

WHOA there......says I have to pay a £25.00 installation fee?
was told previously that, as its a house move...I won't have to pay anything?
Help centre questions #65650429 & #65650365 seem to just bounce backwards and forwards...I've really got no idea whats happening....
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The charge is because you don't have a phone line with us, it's waived if you take phone at the same time though. Was that not explained during the sign up process? We'll need to look at that if not. I'll take a look at the tickets for you.
Angrypetee
Grafter

its a long drawn out complicated story Matt...one deserving of a drink really....
I moved house, wanted to transfer my Fibre package with me...was told I could...then couldn't...about 3 times...
got this message on Help Centre (No65650365) originally
"When we move your broadband we have to pay our suppliers a total of £65 in charges. This is broken down to £25 for the termination of your broadband, and £40 to activate it on a new number. We are more than happy to cover the cost of your house move, so long as you keep your account open for at least the next 12 months. If you prefer, you can elect to pay the fee up front from a valid credit or debit card. "
So after being told I couldn't, I took what was on offer...which was just standard BB...but now I can have Fibre...I have to pay to have it installed..
I don't mind...really...but would rather the amount was stuck on my bill (so to speak), rather that me having to make a "one off" payment..
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If fibre had been available when the house move order was originally placed it'd have been charged then, it only wasn't mentioned because it wasn't available at the time. It's a standard fee for fibre and as I said it's waived if you have your phone line with us as well.
Angrypetee
Grafter

can it be "put on my bill"?
Angrypetee
Grafter

its ok.....have gone through the process.....suppose I wait for an email/call now....
picbits
Rising Star

Fingers crossed for you Smiley
Angrypetee
Grafter

thanks......I have my doubts, but will do my best to keep them to myself....for now at least!!  Lips_are_sealed