cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this what i am to expect from plus net

zoesage

Is this what i am to expect from plus net

Hi - to be honest i don't know where to start - ordered plus net broadband in january promised it would go through on the 7th feb at latest - date came & went no word from plus net called them & they said order had been cancelled as it had been dulpicated - no reason why. (on that occasion it took me over 40 mins to get through to speak to anyone).  Was then promised it would go through by mid night 16th feb  nothing so called them this morning - over 15 mins before the phone was answered again it had been cancelled as there was a dulpication on the line.  Person on customer service didn't know why but would get someone to call - no phone call but a garbled email not explaining at a ll what was going on was sent to me this afternoon but i would have to wait another 24 hours before they could tell me anything.    All i wanted was cheap broad band - is there a really good rason why their broad band is cheap beacuse at he the moment i am really close to telling plus net where to go, except i can't be bothered with waiting on the phone for another 15-40 mins before talking to anyone.  Would be interested if any one had simillar dealings or could give me any idea what is going on
13 REPLIES 13
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Is this what i am to expect from plus net

I'm
Really sorry to hear about these issues and the rough start.
I'm about to leave but I'll happily pick this up tomorrow morning and get back to you after looking into these issues in more detail.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
zoesage

Thank you i would appreciate that - i realise that problems can occur but poor customer service when you have an unhappy customer is not goo from a business point of view!  I look forward to hearing from you tomorrow.  Will it be here or via my personal email?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just letting you know that I'm picking this up now as promised. I'm speaking with our suppliers about an issue that's caused a number of orders to be cancelled due to a "duplicate order" on the line. I'll report back here and on ticket 66036553 with more info shortly.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
zoesage

thank you Adam - if it is not resolved by the end of the day i will have to look else where for broadband  - BT have just sent me a message saying we have gone over our useage limit & are going to charge us - i wanted this sorted quickly to stop this happening
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
I've just finished dealing with our suppliers, I've identified the cause of the issue and I'm expecting an update within 24 hours, following that I'll place a new order and closely monitor it's progress. It's not realistic to think that this can be resolved today I'm afraid.
BT have just sent me a message saying we have gone over our useage limit & are going to charge us - i wanted this sorted quickly to stop this happening

I can help you with getting a service up and running and make sure it's working properly but that's between yourself and BT I'm afraid.
I'll be in touch again as soon as there's a further update.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
zoesage

i appreciate that the query about the overuseage is between me and BT - however if plus net had sorted this and i don't care if it is your supplier or whatever - it is still relfecting badly on you as a company - i may not have had this extra charge.  I await to hear from you tomorrow.
zoesage

2 days later - no reply to my querry - can you please update me on what is going on with my order
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
I'm sorry we've not been able to update you as soon as we'd like about this. I've not yet received an update from our suppliers so it looks like we'll need to escalate this matter further for you.
I'll make sure we keep you posted and I will get back to you in more detail tomorrow.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
zoesage

Can you please explain to me whether this 'duplicate' order has been placed by yourselves or BT as your suppliers or whether it is by BT as my present providers - you have until 3 this afternoon to get me a guaranteed activation  date or i will cancel and look elsewhere - Sky already have an offer that works out cheaper than yours, and are very keen to take me on as a customer
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
From what we know of it it's a problem in our supplier's systems - there's no actual order placed, this is one that was completed a while ago (no idea how long as we've no visibility of the details because we didn't place it) but hasn't actually been marked as completed.
We'll certainly keep chasing and will do our best to meet your deadline but unfortunately that's all we're able to do. We'll update shortly.
zoesage

bye bye plus net am on the phone now to cancel what i can only describe as a useless service.  To anyone out there i considering plus net i would think seriously about it - cheap is not neccessarily good (just think supermarket value burgers).  The whole experience has been gahstly and over 6 weeks after placing the inital order i am no nearer to getting my broadband changed over 40 mins to get through to customer services on the phone - countless calls this week & still no idea what is going on, and still cannot get to the bottom of what is the issue as no one will actually tell me where the problem lies.  If i ran my business this way i would be bankrupt
zoesage

and interestingly 5 mins on the phone to BT and they have told me all the order issues on my line are due to the exchange being up dated - shame plus net couldn't have sorted that for me.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

and interestingly 5 mins on the phone to BT and they have told me all the order issues on my line are due to the exchange being up dated

I'd personally take that with a large pinch of salt as that wasn't the type of issue we were looking at.
I'm sorry to hear you decided to cancel though and I hope things work out alright with your new ISP.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team