cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this upload speed normal?

Verdelet

Is this upload speed normal?

I use VPN to connect to my work network so I can work from home, and it can be quite slow and choppy at times, I know next to nothing about standard upload speeds so I don't know if this is the norm or not...
Any answers are appreciated.
Cheers.
8 REPLIES 8
ID
Grafter

Re: Is this upload speed normal?

Looks like you are on 21CN with a download speed over 8mb. You can ask for your upload to be uncapped which will give you around double what you are getting now. PN staff may see this thread in the morning and sort it out for you.
Verdelet

Ah that'd be great. Better to raise a ticket or will someone definitely see this do you think?
ID
Grafter

I'd raise a ticket just to be sure :).
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I would also bear in mind that if you are currently on our Value Package, that VPN access is restricted to speeds of 512kbps . If you'd like an improvement on those speeds in this situation, you could upgrade your package to the Plusnet Extra Package. The Extra Package will give you your line speed for the majority of the day and speeds of 2Mbps in the evenings.
Further information and comparisons on these packages can be found here: http://usergroup.plus.net/prodcomp1.php
BRABUS
Grafter

JUst had a look at the comparrison info and if I was lucky enough to be able to have fibre and moved from Plusnet Extra to Plusnet Extra Fibre then my VPN speed during the day would actually be slower.

That is mad Sad
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

On extra fibre we do tend to relax the traffic management on VPN, so you would see an increased speed rather than the 5MB/s it shows on the page you are referring too. We are looking at updating the traffic management pages to reflect this.
Chris
Verdelet

Quote from: Chris
I would also bear in mind that if you are currently on our Value Package, that VPN access is restricted to speeds of 512kbps . If you'd like an improvement on those speeds in this situation, you could upgrade your package to the Plusnet Extra Package. The Extra Package will give you your line speed for the majority of the day and speeds of 2Mbps in the evenings.
Further information and comparisons on these packages can be found here: http://usergroup.plus.net/prodcomp1.php

I'm on Plusnet Premium, so should my upload speed be higher than it is?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Upload speeds aren't restricted at all - you need to ask for it to be uncapped