cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this good?

MegaPixelMan
Grafter

Is this good?

I just recently had my broadband activated.
I am extremely happy with the quality so far and I have no issues regarding speed or anything.
I just need to understand something though, so I know what is good or bad.
My download speed just tested at 13.44Mb/s which I am very happy with.
My upload speed just tested at 0.726Mb/s which is the one I am not sure about.
Is that good? Or bad? Or normal?
5 REPLIES 5
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Is this good?

Assuming that you are on ADSL (not FTTC), that is pretty good.
If PN haven't already uncapped your upload speed you might be able to squeeze a little more out of it if you request it.
If you want to check you're getting your full download speed, post up the modem statistics (link at the top of this forum).
Don't mess about too much moving or rebooting your router in the first 10 days though while your line is training.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

*/cough
upload speed test result 0.762Mbps must be uncapped
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Absolutely, as the guys have already mentioned, the speeds you're getting at the moment are exactly around where we would expect.
Your upload speeds are uncapped so you appear to be getting the best from your line.
If you do ever have any issues, please do let us know and we'd be more than happy to help.
MegaPixelMan
Grafter

Since getting it I've basically been non stop streaming videos and online gaming a bit.
For ADSL I am getting very nice speed.
Hell this speed could be considered low to some, but for me its the best I've ever used. I've just come off of a 15GB data PER MONTH 3G dongle.
Needless to say when my broadband activated I used over 15GB in the first day  Grin
picbits
Rising Star

My old BE connection hovered between 5Mb and 6Mb for the years I had it. I hosted a couple of servers as well as having some bandwidth hungry family members here.
When I moved to FTTC it was like moving from a Corsa to a Ferrari lol.