cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a joke?

CroydonGeorge

Re: Is this a joke?

Well, I'm brand new to plusnet and up until today I thought it was just GREAT!
Today my usually poor (but OK for me) speed of 1450kbs download has dropped by 2/3rds.  I note the problems as explained here (I'm with BT) but I also wonder if it has anything to do with the big move of 'servers' which was scheduled for today?
OK, I have no idea how this broadband thing works, but I do know how awfully poor it has been today.
Hope I haven't jumped from the Tiscali frying pan into the Plusnet fire! Undecided
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Posted by: Bob Pullen
Insert Quote
Guys, almost certainly to do with this (also published here).
Sorry!

But not published here......  http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=broadbandnetwo
Nor responded to .... here.....  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,81230.0.html
Azagoth
Grafter

Does a week ever go by where something within the Plusnet infrastructure isn't falling apart?   It's seems like you're constantly running in Frank Spencer mode, i.e. constantly stumbling from one disaster to the next.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Gerry, I think you are being somewhat unreasonable asking Bob to post to every individuals topic - there's probably 20+ topics on the go!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

That`s as maybe.... my original posting, you will notice was regarding NO update posted on the Monday... it now being Tuesday, and speed issues had already been posted prior to my posting.... yet still no update....(which has now been "fixed"...so everything is alright now  Undecided )
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Quote from: Azagoth
Does a week ever go by where something within the Plusnet infrastructure isn't falling apart?  

My sentiments exactly. 
Just what are the issues here?  If its not gateway issues, its central pipes going down, or traffic management hardware issues.  Is it just that you have too much hardware trying to manage your network?  Something really needs to be done, the uneducated may think your network is built on the premise of BTs fabulous state of the art copper wire infrastructure Roll_eyes Roll_eyes
zubel
Community Veteran

http://ow.ly/16448h should update everyone a little.
B.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Should be fixed now, traffic is looking more normal now, just posted an update to the P1 problem:
http://www.plus.net/support/service/problems/problem.php?intProblemId=59438
PN9 is split across 3 gateways, pte-ag1, pte-ag2 and thn-ag3, there are also some older sessions on thn-ag2. PN14 is split across 2, pcl-ag04 and thn-ag1. pcl-ag02 would take sessions for both but it's currently out of service following yesterday's maintenance.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
pacamack

Nothing fixed for me, 131ms ping with 0.51 down and 0.38 up!
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I was affected. My pings were good and sync rate was good but transfer rates went through the floor.
Yours looks like a different issue.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
cartman
Grafter

Cheesy Woohoo fixed for me on pte-ag2
Today 22:18 4894 kbps (612kB/s) 370 kbps (46.3kB/s)  pte-ag2
Today 22:15 1711 kbps (214kB/s) 363 kbps (45.4kB/s)

CroydonGeorge

Smiley Oh thank goodness: back to 'normal' - i.e. about 1400 kbs.  Hope these 'gateways' (whatever they are) stay open now!
Cheers,  CroydonGeorge (living in Scotland!)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did Strat do a router disconnect, then reconnect, to get a new session as suggested in the Service Announcement ?.
I just did that and my line is back to normal (6550Mbps) at last - after a month of <200Kbps at this time of night !