cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anybody there?

pimpernel
Grafter

Is there anybody there?

My phone rental is scheduled to move to PN next Tuesday, 13th Sept. PN have the arrangements in hand with BT.
Yesterday, Friday (or it may have been the day before the day before?) my phone stops working. Also my PN email and Broadband keeps connecting/disconnecting constantly.
Raised a ticket yesterday at 1900 hrs (now with 2 reminders!) but not a whisper from PN, even to acknowledge they have received it.
HELP!
9 REPLIES 9
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Is there anybody there?

If your phone is still with another provider currently you need to contact them in the first instance I'd have thought.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If you are adding reminders to your ticket, that is a bad move - it actually puts it to the back of the queue (unless Plusnet have now fixed that behaviour). If you want to enquire about progress it's best to telephone the service centre on 0800 432 0200, albeit not easy if your phone is dead.
Otherwise Digital Care staff will be on the forums on Monday.
David
pimpernel
Grafter

Thanks for advice, I shall not add any further comments to the still outstanding ticket,although somebody should have repied in 26 hours between initial rquest and 1st comment. Did not know that this put it backwards.
With this being weekend, the line due to move on Tuesday and this not likely to be an "ordinary" dead line, I am reluctant to ring, as I have no other direct access to either a land or mobile phone.
Shall await to see what happens today or tomorrow morning.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

who were you with?, sounds like a stunt that TalkTalk do, you loose your number as well
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Looks like your ticket has been responded to now. Apologies for the delay. The transfer order to move your service to us is still in a pending state and there's not a great deal we can do until it completes (or fails?)

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

pimpernel
Grafter

Bob,
Thank you for response to ticket, the notification you are now my phone line supplier and the notification that you will be taking the line rental money from my bank account.
BUT MY PHONE LINE IS STILL AS DEAD AS THE MONTY PYTHON PARROT!!!
The fault reference from BT, my previous line supplier, is VOL011-55043349007
And i was still having trouble yesterday, the 12th, with the broadband connection dropping at irregular intervals on 4 different computers (so it is not the software on the computer at fault for this problem).
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I've just tested the line and found a fault there so have raised it for you - as soon as we get any updates we'll let you know, there should be one later on today.
pimpernel
Grafter

All sorted now - simply a loose wire in the box on corner of road.
Point of interest for any readers is that Broadband works on a single wire according to engineer, but not reliably so, as I experienced for last several days whilst believing it was all the fault of a change of line supplier.
Here's hoping for a trouble-free future - cheers.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Glad to hear all is now well! Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵